They 'lost' our on board booking...

CarnivalGirl3

To say I'm ticked is an understatement.

We were on the Dream. We talked about booking our next cruise but the price was higher than we paid this year.

Then, as we were leaving the ship, dh dropped the comment card in the box, then was looking around. I asked him what he was looking for. He said the box. I was confused.

Anyway, he had the form filled out, same week next year, it was suppose to be a surprise for our 10th wedding anniversary. He asked the lady scanning the cards. They moved the box to guest services, he moves to go. She stops him, says she'll put the card in the box for us.

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL. NEVER trust someone. ALWAYS do it yourself.

She didn't.

I was checking our account and followed up with dh. There was no 10% charge yet. I wanted to know when the rest of the balance was due as well, so they would be money in that account.

I followed up with our TA. No record. I follow up with Disney. They have no record and aren't willing to do anything. Since we didn't book before leaving the ship. (BUT WE DID!)

I explained. The lady said they didn't have it. We had to put it in the box. I AGAIN told her the lady wouldn't let us, she took the signed/filled out form from dh and said she'd put it in the box.

So are we screwed? Either we go with another line or wait till last minute and hope prices drop. I'm not willing to pay full price when it should be 10% less plus $200 obc.

I tried calling back (them not doing anything isn't acceptable to dh) but of course they are closed by the time I have dd in bed, which means I'll try again nap time on Monday.

Any tips or ideas?

(dh didn't book through the guy because the guy TOLD him we had till we left the ship to drop the form in the box. Dh took the night to think it over, since that's a huge chunk to spend without talking to me about it first!)

Something similar to happened to us when we were on the Dream last February. I was told that I could call and leave a voicemail authorizing DCL to charge the deposit for the cruise we had discussed at the Future Cruises desk. I left a detailed voicemail the last night of the cruise. We returned home and two days later nothing had posted to our credit card. I called DCL and explained the situation. The woman I spoke with said that as long as there was a quote in the system for us and we had been back less than 7 days, they would honor our onboard booking. Try calling again and speaking with someone else. Better yet, call and ask to speak to a supervisor right out of the gate. Good luck!

Unfortunately, they are pretty firm on this. If you didn't speak to a consultant, they won't have any record of you inquiring on board, and I know that people trying to claim the discount 3 months after sailing has occurred. If you did speak to someone, they should have that on file and might be able to do something.

For transactions like that, whenever possible, its best to speak to an individual and get a reciept or confirmation.

Good luck.

I would feel the same way. Try talking to a superviser and letting them know your situation. Unfortunately all the cruise lines have become strick with the rules due to people cheating the system.

I had to call three times to get my daughters birth certificate to them for KSF. The second cast member I talked to tried getting the rule waived but could not. He did however stay on the line and talked me through the process.

Hopefully next time you call you will get someone more understanding who will try to help.

Unfortunately, they are pretty firm on this. If you didn't speak to a consultant, they won't have any record of you inquiring on board, and I know that people trying to claim the discount 3 months after sailing has occurred. If you did speak to someone, they should have that on file and might be able to do something.

For transactions like that, whenever possible, its best to speak to an individual and get a reciept or confirmation.

dh did speak with the consultant a few times, and left messages while on the ship (a few times he went by there was a long wait, and a few times the guy wasn't there when he should be there. Dh left a note for the cruise consultant to call him when cruise consultant WOULD be at the desk. He was hard to track down!) Dh got the quote from the cruise guy, but since it was more than what i paid he didn't want to book without talking with me. Cruise consultant said we could drop it off before we left in the am and it's be good. Dh signed it and all that.

update. It wasn't lost but canceled due to no deposit. I calmly explained dh was told they'd charge the card on file....

Anyway lady was VERY nice and no issues, they redid the reservation, 10% off and $200 obc. Now I'm on hold with TA to book the cruise and pay 10%.

THEN I'll apply for a Disney visa and use that to pay for the rest and use the rewards on the ship!

So lesson is! PAY before you leave or at least keep the booking number they give and know the name of the people who you speak with.

YIPPY!!! I'm a happy momma! (Plus, it's naptime and it's not raining so the doors are open and I may have had a second cup of coffee...)

Archived