wine packages on Rhapsody of the seas

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has preordered a wine package on Rhapsody of the seas in the last month or so.

Are they still offering the Gold , Platinum and Diamond Packages?

We have accessed our booking and the only option available is the platinum package.:confused:

Also, does anyone have a copy of the Australian Wine Package available onboard and what is the current cost for that.

Thankyou

Regards

CRUISING ALONG:)

Its been showing "Platinum" only for well over a month now when I log on?

I suppose with the amount of cruises and ships down under they would have to change the wine package lists with stocks of more local wine?

Den

Hello everyone,

Thankyou for your replies.

Thanks for the link to the main RCL forums. Going by that I guess we'll need to wait until the end of the month to see what RCL come up with next.

Has anyone bought the Australian wine package on board? I think it was only available on the first day or two of the cruises in Australia. As both of our RCL cruises have left from Yokohama and Singapore they were not available to us.

I'm curious as to what Australian wines were included and what price they were charging.

Regards

We are just off the ROS NYE cruise. I was disappointed to find that there was no AUS/NZ wine package being offered. I did ask a number of different staff about this and none seemed to know why they do or do not offer on a given cruise.

As for the usual packages, yes all are levels are available. Just buy the one you want when you board - there are a number of tables set up on embarkation day offering these and you can order any time in the MDR. We bought a 5 bottle diamond package for $205 as it included a NZ Pinot that was $61 on the main list I knew I'd be happy to drink regularly and i was assured there was ample supply on board. Many others in the package were less than $41 (eg, the Dashwood NZ Sav Blanc is $37) so it pays to take a bit of time to assess whether it is real value given your taste preferences. Note that getting a wine package bottle in a specialty restaurant can be a pain.

We are just off the ROS NYE cruise. I was disappointed to find that there was no AUS/NZ wine package being offered. I did ask a number of different staff about this and none seemed to know why they do or do not offer on a given cruise.

As for the usual packages, yes all are levels are available. Just buy the one you want when you board - there are a number of tables set up on embarkation day offering these and you can order any time in the MDR. We bought a 5 bottle diamond package for $205 as it included a NZ Pinot that was $61 on the main list I knew I'd be happy to drink regularly and i was assured there was ample supply on board. Many others in the package were less than $41 (eg, the Dashwood NZ Sav Blanc is $37) so it pays to take a bit of time to assess whether it is real value given your taste preferences. Note that getting a wine package bottle in a specialty restaurant can be a pain.

This quote was from the RCL boards...posted today.

"When I went on RCI's site, I noticed there is now only one wine package option the "Platinum" package. I called Royal Caribbean and they said the change was as of yesterday. They have decided to consolidate their packages."

Maybe the 3 different options may not be available on future cruises.

And another quote from today...does look like the above post is correct..platinum only

"Just off Radiance this morning. RCI no longer offer the Gold or Diamond Wine Packages. Things are changing. Currently there is only the Platinum Package and you may choose wines from either the usual Platinum wine list or the Aus/NZ platinum wine listing.

We found the NZ whites and the California Reds were the best. The Aussie wines were a little below par."

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Now that our cruise is 45 days away I'm wondering if anyone who has cruised on the Rhapsody of the Seas in the last month has a copy of the Australian/ New Zealand Platinum wine package that robynwally mentioned in the previous post.:D

The RCI site still only shows the platinum wine package that seems to contain mainly Californians wines and a couple of other wines from around the world.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hello again,

Now that our cruise is 45 days away I'm wondering if anyone who has cruised on the Rhapsody of the Seas in the last month has a copy of the Australian/ New Zealand Platinum wine package that robynwally mentioned in the previous post.:D

The RCI site still only shows the platinum wine package that seems to contain mainly Californians wines and a couple of other wines from around the world.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

The platinum wine package is the only one available to both Australian and other overseas sailings if purchased on line. The Australian wine package is available on board:)

The Australian Wine Platinum package is priced as follows (as at 11 Feb 2013):

5 bottle $165 (value $190)

7 bottles $225 (value $267)

10 bottles $305 (value $381)

12 bottles $345 (value $457)

You can purchase on board. That way you don't give RCI your money too far in advance but be careful as you can only get your wine in the MDR, specialty restaurants or buffet. You cannot order your wine on room service or in a bar. If you want a wine there then you will have to buy a bottle. You can however order too much of your wine at dinner and take it with you. We were not charged corkage to do this. We struggled to get through a dozen on a nine night cruise. We forced ourselves tho;)

Hi Oxenford

Thankyou for your post.

Gee the things you have to do on a cruise;). Glad you were able to enjoy all your wine on the cruise:D

I had read on another post or review it was a bit of a hassle having a wine package pre-ordered and the specialty restaurant actually finding the wine? Hopefully we wont have that problem on our cruise.

I was thinking it would be be better to pay for the wine before we go and that would be $345 less I have to see on the final bill at the end of the cruise.:D

Cheers

Archived