Navigator 1688 or JS 9618

Giskard

We've been in 1388 on VOS so we are familiar with the layout and location of 1688 although its been 9 yrs ago. We have 1688 reserved for our Eastern Med trip next summer. Found that the prices dropped and got the TA to reduce our booking. While doing that I found cabin 9618 is open and would only be $245 more. I'm tempted to move us to 9618 to be mid ship. We liked the aft and watching the wake but on the Paul Gauguin this last summer we were mid ship and it was really easy to get everywhere (of course on that ship it was easy to get everywhere anyway it was so small, loved it)

Looking for guidance....

Thanks!

We've been in 1388 on VOS so we are familiar with the layout and location of 1688 although its been 9 yrs ago. We have 1688 reserved for our Eastern Med trip next summer. Found that the prices dropped and got the TA to reduce our booking. While doing that I found cabin 9618 is open and would only be $245 more. I'm tempted to move us to 9618 to be mid ship. We liked the aft and watching the wake but on the Paul Gauguin this last summer we were mid ship and it was really easy to get everywhere (of course on that ship it was easy to get everywhere anyway it was so small, loved it)

Looking for guidance....

Thanks!

Moving from a D1 to a JS for $245 total? I'd do it no matter where the JS was, but 9618 is center hump, a prime location for convenience and view. I guess it all depends on how much you will miss the aft balcony. For us, going to the JS is a no brainer.

Bob, thanks. I have a message into to the TA to confirm that was the total increase and not per person. I wouldn't be surprised if it was per person. 1688 is the size of a JS, are there other amenities that come with a JS other than size?

Bob, thanks. I have a message into to the TA to confirm that was the total increase and not per person. I wouldn't be surprised if it was per person. 1688 is the size of a JS, are there other amenities that come with a JS other than size?

Walk-in closet, bathtub, bathroom amenities, robes, in stateroom coffee and tea makers, priority check-in and boarding, double C&A points.

Darn total price difference is $500 :( now not sure if its worth moving. With price drops we would be right at what the original cost for 1688 was. Problem is this is part of a 3 1/2 week Europe trip so I'm trying to not get to extravagant on the cruise part.

Darn total price difference is $500 :( now not sure if its worth moving. With price drops we would be right at what the original cost for 1688 was. Problem is this is part of a 3 1/2 week Europe trip so I'm trying to not get to extravagant on the cruise part.

Where else are you traveling in Europe? I'd like to live vicariously through you since it will be years until we go back to Europe. And 3.5 weeks with a cruise in it is something I want more details on!

The trip is our son's graduation trip. There were a couple "must" places he had to see but putting them together has been somewhat of a challenge! Luckily I've found a fairly cheap cruise option that gets us to Greece which was one of the "musts". I think I just about have it all figured out but right now the trip is 3 days longer than we were going to go. DH is a school teacher so time isn't an issue for him, its probably the slowest time of the year for me (end of June) so I'm thinking I may be able to get away with it...just won't clue my partners into how long I plan to be gone until the trip is almost here!

This is the tentative trip:

Prague June 20 – June 24

Split/Vis/Korcula?/Croatia June 24 -30 or July 1 (ancestral home is on island of Vis)

Venice June 30/July 1 – July 4

Varenna on Lake Como July 4 – 6

Rome July 6

RCCL Navigator cruise from Rome to Sicily/Crete/Athens/Ephesus Turkey July 7 – 14

2 night Layover in Amsterdam July 14 – 16

Direct flight home July 16

This is possible due to a whole bunch of cheap airlines over there. Means we will have to pack extremely light though as the budget airlines have strict weight limits. We will be doing intercountry flights instead of trains or car except maybe Split to Venice.

This is the tentative trip:

Prague June 20 – June 24

Split/Vis/Korcula?/Croatia June 24 -30 or July 1 (ancestral home is on island of Vis)

Venice June 30/July 1 – July 4

Varenna on Lake Como July 4 – 6

Rome July 6

RCCL Navigator cruise from Rome to Sicily/Crete/Athens/Ephesus Turkey July 7 – 14

2 night Layover in Amsterdam July 14 – 16

Direct flight home July 16

This is possible due to a whole bunch of cheap airlines over there. Means we will have to pack extremely light though as the budget airlines have strict weight limits. We will be doing intercountry flights instead of trains or car except maybe Split to Venice.

I discovered those cheap intercountry flights when helping my husband plan a business trip from Paris to London and can't wait to take advantage of them. But our kids are too young to appreciate Europe. A graduation trip would be the perfect time for us to copy you, but we're almost 10 years away from that. Your itinerary sounds wonderful and well planned. Prague to Croatia to Italy will be a nice progression. Enjoy!!!! (And thanks for sharing!)

Archived