Rotterdam, January 9/13 Blogs??

SilvertoGold

Several people have said they will be doing them - maybe it was on the Roll Call list. Indeed, when we saw this itinerary and said we just have to go -- and are trying an ocean view room this time in order to make it work.

On a trip this long (50 days for us, but many are doing the full 90), no way could our travel budget let us "have it all", but we particularly did not want to miss out on the segment in Indonesia - a maiden voyage call for most of these ports if I am not mistaken, and it will be very interesting to see how the Indonesia crew reacts to coming home with us too. Exciting.

I think this new cabin location for us is going to work out well for these longer cruises. Having the "real" Explorations Cafe and Library on the right deck on the Rotterdam (still) just a few flights of stairs away, along with all the other activity decks close by too is going to be great.

I have two suitcases stuffed to the gills right now (three climate zones), but luckily DH can still pack for this long in only one -- so we have one more packable extra bag suitcase to fill with souvenirs and not get dinged too badly with the extra bag charge on the way home.

SwissMyst

Bon Voyage to you. What a super cruise. We were on the Rotterdam this year for 32 days and enjoyed the experience. There was a serious number of Dutch pax so it was a bit different "feel".

You will find the time in Indonesia will be a wonderful homecoming for the crew and you will be a part of that. We loved to see the families, spouses, children. The families are really interested in the ship and are treated to the grand tour. It is fun to watch. One of the assistant DR managers brought on not only his wife and 3 kids, but about 6 nieces and nephews as well. He was telling all the pax "only 3 are mine"!!! We had fun in our two ports in Indonesia.

I'll read the rollcall to try to find out if there will be a blog. Many thanks for your reply. Have a great time. Hope you will write a review.

Thank you Snoopsister Suzie for making your live-blog link available. i am also sending it on to friends who want to track this cruise along with us. Your opening page is a wonderful start. Thank you for the time and effort (and expense) making this now a permanent record. Hope to meet you on board.

Archived