Cruise Tour Timing Princess tours

frecgenswl82

I would like to know the times of when the buses or trains leave for the day of travel. For example leave Anchorage at what time? Leave Talkeena what time, Cooper River what time. What time does the train or bus get you to Whitter so we can board the ship? I have looked at the iternity the cruise line has provided but don't see what times they leave for the various activities. I know these times can be changed at any time. Thank You for all your help.

It depends on the tour you are on and the itinerary. I know when we left from Anchorage for McKinley on the bus, we left at about 9am. Our train to Whittier from the Denali Lodge left at 8am, however the train from the McKinley Lodge to the ship left later. Someplace on Princess's website, I think you can find the details of the timeframes or call Princess and ask.

It depends on the tour you are on and the itinerary. I know when we left from Anchorage for McKinley on the bus, we left at about 9am. Our train to Whittier from the Denali Lodge left at 8am, however the train from the McKinley Lodge to the ship left later. Someplace on Princess's website, I think you can find the details of the timeframes or call Princess and ask.

Do you remember if when you left Anchorage for McKinley on the bus, did the bus go directly to the Princess lodge? Or did it stop off in Talkeetna for those with excursions?

I think I am doing the same cruise tour you did. You have been a great help to me, thank you!

Do you remember if when you left Anchorage for McKinley on the bus, did the bus go directly to the Princess lodge? Or did it stop off in Talkeetna for those with excursions?

I think I am doing the same cruise tour you did. You have been a great help to me, thank you!

Ours went straight to the lodge. There were 4 busses so I am not sure where all of them went, but we all did not arrive at the same time. You are assigned to a bus, so I guess if they had a group going to Talkeetna first, they all ended up on the same bus.

Tim

I called Princess today and found this out today. If there is a mistake in times its mine and not Princess. Leave Anchorage 9 AM Monday June 17th, get into Talkeetna about 1230 PM, check into hotel 3 PM. Tuesday June 18th By coach or bus 10AM to about 11 AM: check into train to Denali 1120 AM; time on train 1120 AM-3:35 Pm, lunch on train; coach to lodge 4 PM-430 PM. Wednesday June 19th is Denali tour that you have booked. Thursday June 20th 8 Am to 5 PM Coach Denali to Cooper River. Friday June 21st tour on your own. Saturday June 22nd 7 Am- 3 PM Coach from Cooper River to Whitter. Have to check into ship by 7 Pm. I hope this helps someone. My cruise tour goes from Anchorage to Talkeetna, to Denali, to Cooper River and then to Whitter. Susan

I called Princess today and found this out today. If there is a mistake in times its mine and not Princess. Leave Anchorage 9 AM Monday June 17th, get into Talkeetna about 1230 PM, check into hotel 3 PM. Tuesday June 18th By coach or bus 10AM to about 11 AM: check into train to Denali 1120 AM; time on train 1120 AM-3:35 Pm, lunch on train; coach to lodge 4 PM-430 PM. Wednesday June 19th is Denali tour that you have booked. Thursday June 20th 8 Am to 5 PM Coach Denali to Cooper River. Friday June 21st tour on your own. Saturday June 22nd 7 Am- 3 PM Coach from Cooper River to Whitter. Have to check into ship by 7 Pm. I hope this helps someone. My cruise tour goes from Anchorage to Talkeetna, to Denali, to Cooper River and then to Whitter. Susan

Sounds like an outstanding itinerary. I am sure you are going to have a great time.

If I am correct you are taking the KB6 cruisetour and then boarding the Sapphire. This tour has 2 overnights at Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge. There are some cruisetours that visit the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge that is located in Cooper Landing. Spelling is important to know exactly what is going on.

If I am correct you are taking the KB6 cruisetour and then boarding the Sapphire. This tour has 2 overnights at Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge. There are some cruisetours that visit the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge that is located in Cooper Landing. Spelling is important to know exactly what is going on.

Yes I am spending 2 nights at Cooper River, at the Princess Wilderness Lodge. As I stated earlier these are my times and mistakes and not Princess. This is the first time taking this tour and therefore there might be mistakes. I was copying what I was told by a Princess rep. I took the responsibility for any mistakes or confusion in my posting. Susan

Archived