<<<Movement on the Dawn>>>

Lau92080

Hey all!

I was wondering, since the Dawn is a very large ship how is the motion onboard. I know last year on the Crown the motion was not bad, but in rough seas we did feel it alot. I will be staying on deck 10, I wonder how the movement is up there!:D

Thanks!

We just got off the cruise with my Mother-in-law who was affraid of the same thing. She brought Bonine just in case and never needed it.

That is not to say you feel nothing. In rough seas it will move a little.

You feel the occational movement, but nothing like a smaller ship.

We were on the Dawn in January 2003, cabin 10222, we felt almost no movement, but then again we had no big storms, like the Nor'easters the Dawn has had to sail recently. On the NCL Majesty, a much smaller ship, there was a lot of movement (and a lot of people seasick) as we skirted a hurricane on the way to Bermuda. I think a bigger, more modern ship probably has better stabilizers and a better ride.

Was on the dawn 5/1 cruise wiht the after effects of the noreaster, we were on deck 8 balcony in the front of the ship. We did feel alot of motion, but had bonine and no one got sick. I have to suggest that you do not stay in your room at those times but find something to do, maybe in the middle of the ship and u feel better. My 4 yr old thought it was alot of fun! We had 7-12 ft seas, wiht 20 ft+ swells. and gale force winds, and i really didnt see anyone getting sick, just a lil tough to walk straight ( warning , stairs do creak during rough waters )

We were on the Dawn last Sept. Dawn has good stabilizers.

Rough seas you will have some mvmt, I would bring Bonine just in case.

I found my worse experience was in the stardust lounge traveling in the Atlantic outside the carolinas. Again the stabilizers help alot. I felt worse on other ships.

We were on the 10th deck mid ship, not much movement when in the room.

Front and back of ship you feel it alot more.

We were at the bow of the ship last year and this year.

9th floor last year and 10th floor this year.

Last year we brought every med/bracelet etc., you could think of...used none of them even though we went through a storm and were really rocking our last evening.

This year we brought no meds. Had 1 and 1/2 days of rough seas. I was fine but DH was green around the edges and sick though many were sick including the crew.

I must say,though, at most times you really forget that you are on a ship in the middle of the ocean. If you don't look/walk outside, you really forget that you are actually not on land.

I suggest heading down to mid-section, lower floors and do activities there if you hit rough seas..or lay in bed. You can tell the difference; rocking side to side is normal and quite peaceful. If you rock front to back and side to side...take your meds or do something mid-ship.

Just relax and enjoy every moment. With or without rocky weather you will have a wonderful time.

• 1 year later...

We were in room 10015 two weeks ago:) But, we didn't get sick. We took our Bonine as recommended everyday. Some days I took two. Motion is very noticeable the first two days at sea. Then you are sort of used to it.

Our seas were never more than "moderate" (I was obsessed with the bridge channel!) except for the one day it rained, and that was only for a few hours. Most days it was "slight" to moderate."

As I said in my review it was the worst in the cabin. So much that I hated hanging out there. I had an inside... it could be different if I had a balcony, or even just a window!

All people are different. What I felt, you might not feel.

It did not ruin our trip. Just don't think about it. Have a glass of wine... you'll feel great:p

Archived