Land Discoveries suggestion

uktog

I have been exploring various options for my pre cruise tours on future sailings and one thing that strikes me is that on the day I am looking for excursions, exactly what I want is being offered by Azamara as the ship is arriving in the day before we embark.

I wonder, as part of the destination experience has consideration ever been given to guests for the next cruise being able to join excursions on the previous cruise. I would expect to be required to be at a pre determined place at a given time as I appreciate port security would prohibit my going dockside. The take up might not be massive, but it would enhance the discoveries experience for me and might help with the viability of some events

I have been exploring various options for my pre cruise tours on future sailings and one thing that strikes me is that on the day I am looking for excursions, exactly what I want is being offered by Azamara as the ship is arriving in the day before we embark.

I wonder, as part of the destination experience has consideration ever been given to guests for the next cruise being able to join excursions on the previous cruise. I would expect to be required to be at a pre determined place at a given time as I appreciate port security would prohibit my going dockside. The take up might not be massive, but it would enhance the discoveries experience for me and might help with the viability of some events

Great suggestion!

Pat

Great suggestion!

Pat

Agree, but there is one complication. Disembarkation day excursions are frequently canceled a day or two before (happened with us in Lisbon last December and Malaga this past November) and it might be a problem locating passengers coming for the follow-on cruise, as they might be traveling to the embarkation port and difficult to reach. The logistics in ensuring successful communications could be an issue.

Hi UKtog, interesting idea.

We actually had a tour booked through Azamara in Dubai the day we were suppose to embark in 2011, before we canceled the cruise when the itinerary was changed.

I never found out if it was an error, but the booking was accepted. We actually had a flight tour over Dubai booked at 50% off through Azamara. In that case the ship was scheduled overnight in Dubai the first night of the cruise.

It would even be helpful if they had shuttles into town that embarking guests could use after they checked in.

Good point Marinaro, I think it could be got round by requirements of shore based guests to register a contact number and a commitment by Azamara to take a cancellation decision by a published time I.e 24 hours before the excursion starts

Jade I think it's different excursions on boarding day, where a ship overnights, that option has always been there. Shuttles are a good idea if the ship is overnighting and not sailing until Day 2. They would not be so feasible where sail out is on Day 1

Archived