Oasis of the Seas 12/01/12 - 12/08/12 Eastern Caribbean Review

Day 4 12/04/12 St Thomas

We slept in and then had breakfast in the Windjammer. After breakfast I got my usual Starbucks and then we were off to the H2O Zone with the girls. The pool area is nice on port days, hardly anyone uses it since they are all on excursions. The girls had the entire splash area to themselves. That is one of the nice things on when you stay onboard on the port days, no lines or crowds. After a couple of hours we then brought the girls to play some miniature golf. My wife and the girls had lunch in the Windjammer and I had lunch at the Park Café again. The girls both decided to have dinner with us tonight at My Time Dining. Dinner was great again, loving the new menus it was the “Shiitake” menu. Tonight I had the Chilled Mango & Pineapple Soup, Escargot, Aged Hand-Cut Manhattan Strip Steak, & Warm Chocolate Cake. After dinner we just spent the rest of the night with the girls. We also brought them to the toy area at Royal Babies & Royal Tots then my older daughter wanted to play some air hockey again.

Couple of things I had hoped for was the week prior someone posted Allure had an unlimited internet package that showed up as an option. Unfortunately it wasn't available on Oasis. This was our first time docked at Crown Bay since all our other cruises used Havensight. For those of you looking to get a 4G Signal on your Verizon or Sprint Phones or HotSpots you won’t see it at Crown Bay. I had 3 devices 2 on Sprint and 1 on Verizon and could not get an LTE or Wimax Signal from the top deck outside? Had no problem getting a 3G Signal but no 4G.

Thanks for posting all the Cruise Compass info!

I've been trying to figure out if the Oasis changes the clocks for visits to St. Thomas or St. Martin which are 1hr ahead of Eastern time. It seems from these Cruise Compass notes they advise people to stay on Ships Time which I gather means they are not adjusting clocks. Can you confirm... they never asked you to change your watches/clocks throughout the voyage?

Thanks!

Day 4 12/04/12 St Thomas

We slept in and then had breakfast in the Windjammer. After breakfast I got my usual Starbucks and then we were off to the H2O Zone with the girls. The pool area is nice on port days, hardly anyone uses it since they are all on excursions. The girls had the entire splash area to themselves. That is one of the nice things on when you stay onboard on the port days, no lines or crowds. After a couple of hours we then brought the girls to play some miniature golf. My wife and the girls had lunch in the Windjammer and I had lunch at the Park Café again. The girls both decided to have dinner with us tonight at My Time Dining. Dinner was great again, loving the new menus it was the “Shiitake” menu. Tonight I had the Chilled Mango & Pineapple Soup, Escargot, Aged Hand-Cut Manhattan Strip Steak, & Warm Chocolate Cake. After dinner we just spent the rest of the night with the girls. We also brought them to the toy area at Royal Babies & Royal Tots then my older daughter wanted to play some air hockey again.

Couple of things I had hoped for was the week prior someone posted Allure had an unlimited internet package that showed up as an option. Unfortunately it wasn't available on Oasis. This was our first time docked at Crown Bay since all our other cruises used Havensight. For those of you looking to get a 4G Signal on your Verizon or Sprint Phones or HotSpots you won’t see it at Crown Bay. I had 3 devices 2 on Sprint and 1 on Verizon and could not get an LTE or Wimax Signal from the top deck outside? Had no problem getting a 3G Signal but no 4G.

What were the prices at Starbucks?

Thanks for posting all the Cruise Compass info!

I've been trying to figure out if the Oasis changes the clocks for visits to St. Thomas or St. Martin which are 1hr ahead of Eastern time. It seems from these Cruise Compass notes they advise people to stay on Ships Time which I gather means they are not adjusting clocks. Can you confirm... they never asked you to change your watches/clocks throughout the voyage?

Thanks!

Ship time on Oasis remains the same for the entire sailing. We know it but someone not aware of it could have issues. If someone turns on or off airplane mode and have been using it for time it will update to the local tower time depending on their phone settingss? I use my Droid as my Alarm Clock and had to correct the time when I put it back on airplane mode when we pulled out from St Thomas.

I really enjoy your reviews. Because of you posting the menus and Dailies yesterday, I went and once again priced out sailing on the Allure/Oasis, and the prices were much more in my mental range. We'll probably end up cancelling the Christmas Serenade for the Allure, but I have booked BECAUSE of your review.

I can't thank you enough for the time and effort you put into your reviews. :)

Great review. Thank you for the compasses and menus. Were there additional charges for anything at the Family Festival activities on the Boardwalk?

No there were no additional charges for the activities. We did tip the face painter and balloon people.

Sent from my SIII using Tapatalk 2

Day 5 12/05/12 St Maarten

Started off the day in the Windjammer for breakfast after it had slowed down a little. We then just spent the day relaxing on board at the H2O Zone, Boardwalk, Promenade, & Royal Babies & Tots Toy Area. I had my usual lunch in the Park Café and my 2 year old who is an eating machine wanted pizza so she and I stopped for some at Sorrento’s where she had 2 pieces of pizza. In the late afternoon both girls want to see Princess Fiona on the Promenade so we went down to see her. Our 4 year old decided she was going to have dinner with the other kids in Adventure Ocean so we dropped her off. Dinner was the “Basil” menu and I had the Summer Fruit Medley, Crab Cake, Escargot, Surf & Turf, & BBB Crème Brulee. After dinner we went to see Frozen in Time with our 2 year old in Studio B. She loved it and sat quietly in her seat watching the entire show and it kept her attention. After that we picked up our older daughter from Adventure Ocean and she and I played some air hockey.

Oooh, I'm glad your DD enjoyed Frozen in Time. Hoping my little one will, too!

Thanks for the review!

Our girls love cruising and have been cruising since they were both 6 months old. Our next cruise on Liberty will be my 4 year olds 10th cruise and our 2 year olds 6th cruise. My 4 year old is doing her daily countdown to cruise every day now.

They love cruising and it actually give us a chance to spend the entire week with them since we are so busy during the week at home.

Royal really has their act together for kids. When the kids have a good time you get to have a good time.

When we go on Liberty next month we will have the Ben & Jerry's Sweet. The girls are going to love it. Will have pics and info when we get back. Also the big question will be can the girls go from Oasis Class for the last 3 cruises back to Freedom Class? This will be the big test for us. If things go well we can start to go on Freedom again since we prefer Port Canaveral over Ft Lauderdale because it is only 50-55 minutes from the house.

Being our first cruise since the new menus came out, we are trying to decide what two nights to go to Chops and Giovannia's....Is the lobster still on the last "formal night",,,and which night is the "caribbean" theme,,..

Also loving the reviews,,especially all the info on the kids zone,,our family, along with our 4yr.old grandaughter are coming along with us on the beautiful Oasis,,we are looking forward to the "big"ship...So do appreciate all info on the menu can remember:cool:

Being our first cruise since the new menus came out, we are trying to decide what two nights to go to Chops and Giovannia's....Is the lobster still on the last "formal night",,,and which night is the "caribbean" theme,,..

Also loving the reviews,,especially all the info on the kids zone,,our family, along with our 4yr.old grandaughter are coming along with us on the beautiful Oasis,,we are looking forward to the "big"ship...So do appreciate all info on the menu can remember:cool:

Night 6 was the Jasmine menu and Night 7 was the Pomodoro menu. Should be posting more today or tonight.

We wanted to give the new menus a try so that is why we didn't do any of the specialty dining. I feel the new menus were an improvement.

A HUGE thank you for posting the menus for this route.

Our last cruise was super port intensive so we opted to skip the MDR and just eat in the WJ or specialty restaurants. We actually enjoyed the "casualness" of it all.

But I really want to try the new menus, since I've read lots of good things about them. I'm going to print them out and try to entice hubby to go back to the MDR again!

Ann

Thanks so much for your review and posting all the Compasses and Kids ones too! We are sailing in the Oasis in March and can't wait to be on her! Unfortunately our daughter (3) didn't take to the Adventure Ocean program on the Liberty last month even with all her cousins on that ship and in the same group. Didn't ruin the trip for us at all!

Keep up the great work!

Gwen

Archived