Ocean Sky Resort ~FLL

cruisingbooboo

Some local casual favorites are:

Nick's Italian & Pizza

Greek Islands Taverna

If you don't mind traveling a mile north, these in Lauderdale by the Sea are great casual finds:

Village Grill (I prefer for breakfast/lunch,not dinner)

Aruba

I'm not sure if any of these take reservations...people just show up and put their names in...Nick's should have the shortest wait but the least ambiance.

I agree with heading north up to Lauderdale by the sea.

If you like Hoagies . . . you gotta hit Laspada's . . . I haven't been in a while but boy are they good. Also Aruba Cafe is pretty much a must for tourists . . . it sits right on the beach and they usually have something going on every night.

Edited by kdawg954

Just won this resort on Hotwire... can anyone give me the good, bad and the ugly on it? any casual restaurants in walking distance?

thanks!!!!

I won this hotel on priceline. We'll be checking in this weekend. When are you going?

I'm staying there this weekend I'm keeping an open mind I will give a detailed review of the hotel when I return. One problem I have is that it's located so far from the hotel. We may rent a car.

Is it really true there are more bowling alleys per capita in Raytown, Mo that anywhere else in America? :cool:

What is located so far from the hotel? The hotel? Haahahaha can't wait to hear your experience!

I'm staying there this weekend I'm keeping an open mind I will give a detailed review of the hotel when I return. One problem I have is that it's located so far from the hotel. We may rent a car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so we stayed at this hotel and while it wasn't the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in. It was more than adequate for a one night per cruise stay. The rooms are very dated and the bathrooms were small but the view and access to the beach more than make up for it. My biggest issue with the hotel was the distance from the cruise port and airport carfare was $35 but we knew that.

Would we stay there again? It wouldn't be my first choice but if the price was right we would.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll put in my two cents also. I tried to keep an open mind but was disappointed. I guess one night would have been OK as raytown mentioned but we were there for 4 nights. Rooms and bathrooms are small. Shower curtain would attack - just like the cruise ships! Walls were thin so we could hear our neighbors. Remodel contruction was poorly done - gaps between carpet and tile, outlet covers not covering holes. Location is on the beach so can't complain about that....

IMO - not worth the 3 stars. We would not stay there again...and I will not choose 3 stars on Priceline ever again.

I'll put in my two cents also. I tried to keep an open mind but was disappointed. I guess one night would have been OK as raytown mentioned but we were there for 4 nights. Rooms and bathrooms are small. Shower curtain would attack - just like the cruise ships! Walls were thin so we could hear our neighbors. Remodel contruction was poorly done - gaps between carpet and tile, outlet covers not covering holes. Location is on the beach so can't complain about that....

IMO - not worth the 3 stars. We would not stay there again...and I will not choose 3 stars on Priceline ever again.

UH OH!!!!! We might have to drink a lot that night! So I take it you were in a remodeled room? I'm nervous but it's only one night and we will be so excited to sail I ope that clouds our vision. I've never done a 3 star before but was feeling rushed so I I'd it... I got mine on Hotwire.

Edited by cruisingbooboo

We did take some pictures but haven't downloaded them. If you check tripadvisor for the hotel there are some pics there from Lee M that show what I was talking about.

I think you'll be fine for the 1 night. You have a cruise to look forward to!

I'm going in April, please keep me posted as to how it was. Looking foreword to your review. Have fun!!!!

UOTE=eurodl;36582057]I won this hotel on priceline. We'll be checking in this weekend. When are you going?

We will also be there in April. We won a bid on Priceline. I am scared because we are arriving late at night and a few reviews mentioned cockroaches and bed bugs and I don't want to be dealing with that at 1am.

minniem64 - We personally did not have any problems with bugs/insects for the 4 nights we were there. Although we weren't happy with the hotel, our room did seem to be clean.

Our flight arrived around 6:00 a.m. and had no problems with a late arrival. We had booked the night before to make sure we would have a room. I had emailed the manager to make sure they would hold our room since we would be checking in after the required time per pricelines rules.

You can read my full review on tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84407-Reviews-Ocean_Sky_Hotel_Resort-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

We will also be there in April. We won a bid on Priceline. I am scared because we are arriving late at night and a few reviews mentioned cockroaches and bed bugs and I don't want to be dealing with that at 1am.

I also won this hotel on Priceline and was very nervous about the reviews. We checked in at 2:30 am (flying all day:eek:) and had no problems (had notified them in advance). The hotel should NOT be called a resort, it's a hotel/motel! But, for the price we paid, we were very happy. Yes, the place is in need of updates, dingy hallways, torn carpet edges, broken/patched tiles, noisy air conditioner. BUT, the beds were amazing and new, the room has a refrig., coffee pot, microwave and you are directly on the beach. Things were clean and NO bugs. Very nice pool area, several places close by for shopping and eating and the restaurant on site was very good and reasonable. They have a very nice outside (covered) area for meals that overlooks the pool area and ocean. The staff was very accommodating and the shuttle to the port was great ($17 per person).

Now, if I had just reserved the "resort" without Pricelines help I would not be pleased to see my room at the going rate of $200:eek:

In summary, I wouldn't hesitate to bid again for a 3 on the beach -- I'd love to stay there again for $97:D

Debr

minniem64 - We personally did not have any problems with bugs/insects for the 4 nights we were there. Although we weren't happy with the hotel, our room did seem to be clean.

Our flight arrived around 6:00 a.m. and had no problems with a late arrival. We had booked the night before to make sure we would have a room. I had emailed the manager to make sure they would hold our room since we would be checking in after the required time per pricelines rules.

You can read my full review on tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84407-Reviews-Ocean_Sky_Hotel_Resort-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Thank-you. I am sure I am worrying about nothing.