Catamaran/Snorkel through Celebrity?

• 2 weeks later...

Back from our trip. We had a great time on this excursion!

The catamaran left a short walk from the ship. The crew were very friendly and funny...worth a good deal of the price right there. The sail out--with actual sails, though some motor assist) took about 1 hour. They provided masks, snorkels, fins (nice ones), and an inflatable safety vest (which you can choose whether to inflate or not). We didn't use their masks or snorkels so can't comment on those. We had about 1 hour on site. The boat anchors in water plenty deep to jump into from the boat on a sandy bottom. Then you swim 30 feet or so towards the shore (there is no beach, just rocks and coral). We saw a decent amount of fish. The conditions had a bit more swell and less visibility than normal (so they said). I was fortunate enough to see a few very colorful shiny squid...I had no idea they had color to them!

We could see plenty of fish without going into the shallower areas (of which we were a little skeptical due to a slight current and not being experienced snorkelers), and you could see even more the one time I ventured before shallower formations.

The return voyage was again about an hour. They offered the best rum punch of anywhere we tried on the cruise, but after the boat ride out in the sun and 1 hour of snorkeling, the rum punch (which flowed freely and free) went straight to our heads. I definitely recommend this tour but suggest stopped at 2 or maybe three rum punches!

Archived