Where to stay in South Beach?

holdon216

Looking for a Hotel for mid July. Saturday and Sunday nights. 2 Adults, on or across from the beach. Near shops, restaurants. Clean with a pool. Looking to spend 100-150 per night. Savoy looks nice but is running over 250 per night. And i am not sure if that would put us to far North (it's near 17th st.) of the active area. Also wondering where exactly is the busiest area of South Beach? We do not want to be right in the middle of the muck but close enough to walk to. Thanks!!!

I'd say anything south of Collins Park is decent . . . but over a mile walk to the main scene.

I'd say on South Beach from 11th street south is the popping area. I usually park on 7th ave in between Washington and Collins so I'm right in the middle so I don't have to walk so far.

SoBe generally is considered to be the lower 20 blocks of Miami Beach. So look for hotels lower than 2000 in the address.

I think your budget falls a little short of most nicer places to stay in SoBe. Take a look at the Catalina Group Hotels, that time of year they are about $200/night. Justify the extra expense by taking their free shuttle from the airport (no Port shuttles) and take advantage of the free cocktail hour.

Its a really pedestrian friendly place, travel in SoBe is done by walking, shared bike (DecoBike), a 25 cent local bus, and even a free electric car service (Swoop Miami). So even if you are not completely in the center of the action, fret not, its easy to get around.

Have a fantastic vacation!

Thanks. I was told on the message boards that the Hotels would be lower in price that time of year. It being their off season. I am just trying to narrow it all down now. Oddly there seems to be alot of Hotels that are saying they are full. I wonder if there is something going on in South Beach the weekend of July 20-21?

Thanks. I was told on the message boards that the Hotels would be lower in price that time of year. It being their off season. I am just trying to narrow it all down now. Oddly there seems to be alot of Hotels that are saying they are full. I wonder if there is something going on in South Beach the weekend of July 20-21?

Lower in general. Our "slow season" has been disappearing. The lower rates attracted more visitors so its been going up steadily the last couple of years.

We are also attracting more people from Latin America, where its winter during our summer.

I just attended a tourism seminar where we were told August bookings are up 18% from last year. Good news for us, not so good for bargain shoppers.

As far as rates, u should probably keep checking for the times u want to go..... We cruise in jan to feb every year and have very good luck talking with the hotels direct. I always ask for the good guy discount.......... Sometimes u get it, sometimes u don't. Anyway we have stayed at the beacon, very nice hotel and have paid as little as 160 plus tax this year we are stay a little further north on ocean at the Cardozo for 180 includes tax, reviews are somewhat mixed on it so we will try it........ Good luck

Archived