Independent Transportation from San Pedro Pier 93 to LAX

HawkeyeTraveler

Disembarking from QE 20 January Panama cruise and need a rental car to drive to visit relatives near Oceanside and then back to LAX for flight home. I am assuming cheapest and perhaps easiest thing to do is catch a shuttle of some type to LAX and pick up rental car there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Vicki

You can pick up a rental car from long beach airport,and do a one way rental dropping off at LAX, short taxi ride or shuttle, we used Hertz !
I had some problems accomplishing this without a drop fee before my February 2012 cruise but eventually found that with Hertz I could pickup at LAX and drop at a Hertz office in a strip mall in Lomita (about a 10 minute drive from the San Pedro terminal). The Lomita office has a shuttle van to the cruise terminal. Presumably you could do this in the opposite order.

Otherwise a shared Supershuttle van to LAX is under $20 per person.

I'm doing the same in reverse early February. Pickup at LAX and dropping vehicle at San Pedro to board the QE. I'm using Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Their one way drop fee is $40, which I found very reasonable. Considering I've paid drop fees of $500 in the past with other companies, I was pleasantly suprised.

Toni

• 1 year later...
I use Uber whenever I'm home in SF or away in New York...

https://www.uber.com/

...I'm told by their contact in LA that I may be able to get a driver to pick my family and I up in San Pedro at the end of our cruise to take us to our hotel in Beverly Hills.

Hi BEPSF, thinking of using UBER next month from San Pedro to Long Beach airport. Were you successful in using UBER for your trip? Did they come right to the cruise terminal, and how long did you wait?

Thanks.