Escargot shortage

Breezy72

My son ate them Sat night in the Sun King Steak Restuarant on the Freedom

I have eaten escargot on every Carnival cruise since my first one in 2006. If I have to go to the steak house to find them on our January 26 cruise on Freedom, then that is what I will do.

I have had them on every one of my 13 visits to Paris and I think that the Carnival version stacks up very well compared to fine shore-based restaurants.

• 2 months later...

Oh that makes me so excited! Thanks everyone! I'm going on the Dream in 3 weeks and when I traveled last year on the Valor the shortage had just begun. I couldn't imagine another sailing w/o escargot! :)

Oh that makes me so excited! Thanks everyone! I'm going on the Dream in 3 weeks and when I traveled last year on the Valor the shortage had just begun. I couldn't imagine another sailing w/o escargot! :)

Had those lil buggers on my cruise in the beginning of feb! they were good & garlicky too!! MMMM Enjoy when you get your cruise & have a great time!

Escargot...ah yes! If they are available on our cruise I will get an order to check the kitchen staffs ability to present those great little snails and then maybe another order if they were good and not being served on the night with the lobster tail. So many choices, so little stomach room.

But I also have to agree, that I have had them with way too much garlic and were over cooked and very chewy. Believe me, if I say that something has too much garlic it is way out of bounds, because I love garlic. But I also need to taste the underlying food group that I am eating, like the snails or shrimp.

Rocky Mountain Oysters were mentioned also. UMMmmmmmmm, now that is some sweet meat! Maybe all you Texans out there can at least convince the cruise lines to put them aboard the ships that use Galveston as their port. Report back here when it will start and I will book a cruise on whatever ship from Galveston in a heart beat.

Thanks!

Archived