Thenford Grey - The Tour or Capital/Beach Splash

shutterbug63

Looking for anyone's thoughts about these two tours.

I'm going to be in St. Kitts in March on the IOS with my son (10). I would much prefer "The Tour" as it does more sightseeing. However, my son is opposed because I (bad mom) booked us on a tour of Falmouth on our last tour that unbeknownst to us had a massive amount of driving and he got bored. He would prefer to do the Capital/Beach Splash tour.

Any thoughts or suggestions on "The Tour" vs. the Capital/Beach Splash tour from someone who's done either or both would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I would go on "The Tour". You will probably visit Caribelle Batik, Brimstone Hill & maybe Black Rocks & then on to one of the beaches on the SE Penisula. It would be more interesting to a 10 yr old than the tour of Basseterre then to the beach.

Just going to throw this out here, the 10 year old would love the tour by Javin, it's way different. You climb down Black Rocks, hike in the rain forest, snorkel at a wreck and get to the beach. Google My Island Tours by Javin.

As for Thenford, I would go with "The Tour" , Brimstone Fortress is a don't miss.

Javin would do an excellant job as well as Royston. I guess if I were a 10 year old boy I wouldn't want to be in a large enclosed air-conditioned vehicle with a group of old people that would be as old as my grandparents. The problem is that there are not that many kid friendly tours or excursions available on most cruises.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have to be careful what tours I participate in...the Javin tour looks wonderful and climbing down Black Rocks sounds fun, but I have plates & screws in my left ankle from a bad fall a few years back, so I tend to avoid any tours where there's climbing or slippery surfaces.

I'll look into the other tours. This is our second cruise, and the first time we're not primarily buying the ship's excursions.

Thanks for all the info. We've decided to do "The Tour". More things to see and this may be our only time in St. Kitts. And I've also found out from the roll call for my ship that there are several other children around my son's age that will be on the same tour. :-)

• 4 months later...

shutterbug63,

Did your son end up enjoying the excursion? We are debating between these two options as well. Our son is 6 and has done island tours with us before so I was curious about your experience.

Archived