Coral/Panama Room/Smoking/bed etc OCT

rhea2day

Hi we are considering the coral/panama canal cruise in Oct for our Honeymoon and would like to upgrade to the Suites (not mini) for our special trip - Anyone have feedback on these are they worth the price - its our honeymoon we want a nice room!

What about people who have said rooms are on the coral are too smokey - yuk!?!???

or that they beds are to hard and to short for someone 6'4 - do they have extenders what are they like - what about this eggshell this is that special, is it more $$ maybe the nicer suites have nice beds - maybe the carnival upgrades will be available on princess by Oct?

Thanks for all the feedback on this boat and cruise - I hope this 10 day panama canal cruise is worth it?

Sick of Carnival cruises!!!!! (inside cabins):eek:

Did Royal - legends of the sea Alaska 97 - loved it (inside cabins)

I Can't tell you about the suites but we did the 10 day canal cruise on the Corals sister the Island Princess. It is an awesome ship and the canal is a great cruise.

You really can't go wrong with the a cruise on the Coral she is a beauty!

Scott

Haven't sailed on the Coral, but I am sure the suites, like on all of the Princess ships are very nice. One benefit you will also have in a 'full' suite is the list of perks that are associated with it. This list is for the Caribbean Princess but it is the same for all Princess Suites. http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/perksA.html

We've never had an issue with smoke (stale or otherwise) on any of our cruises.

There are relatively few suites on Coral Princess. You might already be out of luck as they tend to sell out quickly. They are nice, but carefully consider the added cost. If there is a huge difference, you might find a minisuite will suit your needs entirely.

We sailed the Coral through the Panama Canal and were in a vista suite. There was no smoke smell in the cabin. The separate bedroom was wonderful. The suite was quite spacious. I am 6' 4" and the bed was fine. Very comfortable. I would highly recommend going that route if you want a real nice cabin for your honeymoon.

Most ships you will read negative and positive things about them. What impressed me about the Coral was that 95% of what I read prior to our cruise was positive. It is a beautiful ship. I did ask for and receive the eggcrate

for the mattress (found the bed a bit hard) and it does make a difference.

Carol

We sailed in January R/T Ft Lauderdale, Baja deck balcony cabin. In looking at the mini suite they really were nice, but how much time are you really going to spend in your room (even if it is a honeymoon!). The regular balcony cabin (we were 721) was wonderful. We sailed with good friends who had the cabin next to us. The only problem was that the gate between balconies could not be latched open, and banged all night. We solved that by using a suitcase strap! Food was great, staff was wonderful. No complaints

Archived