SeaDream I - Antigua to San Juan - 1/19 - 1/27

MarDav

A belated Happy New Year to all!!

Haven't posted on here in quite some time, but just wondering if anyone else will be joining us on this trip.

Even though this our 8th SeaDream trip since 2008 (yes, we are true SeaDream addicts), and we have been to just about every island in the Caribbean that SeaDream has been to we are especially looking forward to visiting Montserrat for the first time.

We've had a very mild winter so far in the far northwestern Chicago suburbs, and we sure hope conditions remain OK as we leave for Antigua on 1/18.

Can hardly wait to be at our favorite spot at the TOY bar on 1/19.

Have a great trip! Wish we were joining you but we decided not to do the Caribbean this year. Montserrat is one of the few islands we haven't visited and it is on my Bucket List. Please report after your cruise!

We will be on this cruise. this is our 4th SD cruise. Montserrat is cool place. Take the tour of island real cool insight on life there. 2 or 3 other places that are neat this cruise. Jost van Dyke will be splash party, great place for it.

Were not far away in Michigan (Battle Creek) here, flying down (AA) to Miami on Thursday, then on to Antigua on Friday.

yes TOY Bar is place to be on the 19th....See you there....

Weather is great here for Jan , by Friday we'll have no snow on ground and temps near 50

Sallie/Rick here

Hi Sallie and Rick,

We are Marilynn and Dave, and we look forward to meeting you soon.

I just checked the 10 day weather forecast for our area. Friday's projected high temperature is 53 degrees - not bad at all for this time of year. The very little snow we have left on the ground now will be long gone by then. I was in Mesa, AZ last week to visit my mother, and the highest high temperature there was only in the mid 60s.

Other then Montserrat, where we definitely plan on taking the tour, all of the other stops will be repeat visits.

We've been to Jost van Dyke many times before for both the Splash and visits to Foxy's the night before the Splash. We've also enjoyed the Splash at Prickly Pear Island and Peter Island in the BVIs and Mayreau in the Grenadines. Other than the BVIs, some of the favorite places we have been to while on both SeaDream I and II have been Anguilla (if ever there, the Dune Preserve is the place to go), Bequia, and Tobago Cays.

If you're looking for a great bar to go to while in Nevis, check out Sunshine's Beach Bar in Nevis. On our most recent SeaDream trip last March, we, along with several others onboard, had a wonderful, most relaxing and rather tipsy day at Sunshine's, and we plan on going there again.

We are also looking forward, as always, to the top-notch service and cuisine on board...........Bali Bed in the sun awaits!

Although we wish we could leave for Antigua at least a day earlier than the 18th, we won't be arriving there until very late on the 18th, after a long layover in San Juan that day.

With the very long hours we both have been working lately, we are counting the days until we can escape from here.

SeaDream is the BEST!!.............and this is just the 1st trip we are going on this year. We will also be on SeaDream I the week beginning 5/11 for our first Europe trip from Rome to Athens.

See you soon.

MarDav: You will be blown away by Montserrat. We were there with SD a few years ago. We could not believe that we were the only ship that called on the port. They need to redevelop the economy and should be working hard to get more tourism. Hopefully, things have improved. We wanted to shop on the island to do our part, but there really wasn't anywhere to do it. The tour is a must and I'm glad to see you are doing it. The most awesome part of the trip, though, was sailing away from the island. It was dusk as we sailed by the town covered in ash. Everyone was on deck and you could hear a pin drop. I get goosebumps thinking about it still. I'm sure Capt. Bjarne will do this.

We are practically neighbors (think routes 68 and 53) and can't believe you are paying good money to leave our balmy weather. Bon voyage! Give our regards to Daniel, Pierre, Frud, Mikee and Capt. Bjarne. And if you go to Rutzie's show, give her a hug from her singing partner.

Zimmy's DH

MarDav: You will be blown away by Montserrat. Zimmy'sDH

Could not have said it better! The island tour is a must do...such a jaw dropping experience to learn what the island once was and then see what it looks like now.

Plymouth is eerie and sad, yet by being there you can understand why and how all the devastation took place and more fully appreciate this unique island's history. As Zimmy's DH mentioned, there are long term plans to revitalize parts of the island and the drive up to Plymouth is lush and actually quite beautiful.

Glad to hear you are signing up for this excursion - it's a must see!

Could not have said it better! The island tour is a must do...such a jaw dropping experience to learn what the island once was and then see what it looks like now.

Plymouth is eerie and sad, yet by being there you can understand why and how all the devastation took place and more fully appreciate this unique island's history. As Zimmy's DH mentioned, there are long term plans to revitalize parts of the island and the drive up to Plymouth is lush and actually quite beautiful.

Glad to hear you are signing up for this excursion - it's a must see!

If you are in Antigua early, Caribbean Helicopters does a great aerial tour of Montserrat. You really can tell exactly what happened from above. We flew very close to the mouth of the volcano. To then follow up with a land tour would be outstanding.:D

we will wave at you from the other Seadream boat in St Barts! We toured around Montserrat a couple of years ago with Seadream DO take their excursion offered for that day - we were just amazed at the sadness of it all and I wish Montserrat all the best for a gradual recovery - goodness it's a dramatic sight!

Mitch and I will be flying to Antigua early, early Tuesday morning from Toronto. We will spend 4 nights at Sandals and then meet you on the ship. Like you, we have been working far too many hours and really need this break! I think this is out 8th cruise with Seadream, all of them have been in the south. I can't imagine a different winter trip. I have to go switch the laundry and start my packing :)

Ira

Getting real close :p....Well at least 3 of us Dreamers are headed to Antigua.........Hope we can meet at TOY and toast one.Weather seems to be ok for us getting out of Michigan Thursday.............Mar Dave catch you there..Rick and Sallie here:cool:............

Archived