Royal Caribbean Mumbai Tour

lilybob

Though not one that usually does ship tours the Mumbai traffic makes me reconsider as it is not an overnight stop. Has anyone done "Heart of Mumbai" ship offered tour and if so, how was the quality? This is 6.5 hours including a metro ride. Thanks!

Hi - have not done the tour but am positive that you can have a much better experience than on a ship's tour. Yes, traffic can be a problem but there are a couple of excellent tour companies that I'd recommend. A walking tour is a good option if you are concerned about missing the ship.

Two to check are Reality Tours & Travel (http://www.realitytoursandtravel.com/) - excellent - cannot say enough good things about them and very(too) reasonably priced. The other is Mumbai Magic (http://www.mumbaimagic.com/) - also very good, a little more expensive. Both have experience with cruisers and are very reliable. Let them know your concerns upfront. Enjoy Mumbai!

Hi - have not done the tour but am positive that you can have a much better experience than on a ship's tour. Yes, traffic can be a problem but there are a couple of excellent tour companies that I'd recommend. A walking tour is a good option if you are concerned about missing the ship.

Two to check are Reality Tours & Travel (http://www.realitytoursandtravel.com/) - excellent - cannot say enough good things about them and very(too) reasonably priced. The other is Mumbai Magic (http://www.mumbaimagic.com/) - also very good, a little more expensive. Both have experience with cruisers and are very reliable. Let them know your concerns upfront. Enjoy Mumbai!

Thank you for the tips. I will check them out. I was also considering Tours by Locals....any experience with them? Thanks

In Mumbai I have booked a company call Grand Mumbai and have been dealing with the owner Pranav. I originally looked at Mumbai Magic but they were unwilling to change the intinerary for what I was after.(Nothing exotic, just didn't want to do temples, wanted a train ride ect)I was able to tweak my tour to exactly the things I believe I want to see. Throughout this process of elimination and add ons, Pranav has been courteous, friendly,professional and extremely obliging to what we have wanted and I am so looking forward to meeting and touring with him. No up front fees- payment on day also made me less worried about putting my credit details 'out there'.

That said in other ports in am using tours by locals, and they have also let me tweak my tours to how I want them to be. Very professional.

There was once a reccomendation by someone who used Grand Mumbai just recently on the Asia board, but it seems to have gone missing:confused:

Have a great trip.

Deb

Azamara Journey - Spice Route cruise Singapore - Mumbai 17th April

www.grandmumbai.com

Wow

I have just looked up the Reality Tours website that Donna in India recommended and all i can say again is WOW!! What a great organisation.

On our second day in Mumbai we are going to Dharavi with Pranav.......and while Im not going to change my plans there, I am going to look at donating to such a fabulous and encouraging project such as this.

Thanks Donna in India for passing that on.

Are you talking about my post Wangeling Girl?

Its still there

Below is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1756779

In Mumbai I have booked a company call Grand Mumbai and have been dealing with the owner Pranav. I originally looked at Mumbai Magic but they were unwilling to change the intinerary for what I was after.(Nothing exotic, just didn't want to do temples, wanted a train ride ect)I was able to tweak my tour to exactly the things I believe I want to see. Throughout this process of elimination and add ons, Pranav has been courteous, friendly,professional and extremely obliging to what we have wanted and I am so looking forward to meeting and touring with him. No up front fees- payment on day also made me less worried about putting my credit details 'out there'.

That said in other ports in am using tours by locals, and they have also let me tweak my tours to how I want them to be. Very professional.

There was once a reccomendation by someone who used Grand Mumbai just recently on the Asia board, but it seems to have gone missing:confused:

Have a great trip.

Deb

www.grandmumbai.com

Have a great trip.

Deb

www.grandmumbai.com

Thanks Deb, I will check them out too. We almost did the Spice Route cruise as it had a great itinerary. Hope you enjoyed it!

Wow

I have just looked up the Reality Tours website that Donna in India recommended and all i can say again is WOW!! What a great organisation.

On our second day in Mumbai we are going to Dharavi with Pranav.......and while Im not going to change my plans there, I am going to look at donating to such a fabulous and encouraging project such as this.

Thanks Donna in India for passing that on.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Have a great trip.

Deb

www.grandmumbai.com

We have booked with Grand Mumbai. Pranav is really good with communicating ahead of time. Someone on our roll call is organizing it, don't know if they are full or not. Before I committed, I checked out Trip Advisor and ratings were good. His itinerary sounds fantastic.

Archived