Equinox Cabin Check - Close to Smoking Areas?

DivotMaker

I found this on another thread:

Smoking areas on S-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse & Silhouette) include the following locations:

Deck 12 (Pool Deck) – Port (left)-side only – outside just forward of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 14 (Lido Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is permitted.

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

Note that this is from information provided on the Solstice in May 2012.

For those with cabins on Deck 6, the following cabin balconies could be affected by smoke from the Deck 5 smoking areas:

Deck 5 port-side forward outside of the forward elevator lobby. There is an area with lounge chairs and ashtrays. This area is directly below cabins 6141, 6143, 6145, 6147, 6149 and 6151.

Deck 5 port-side mid-ship outside of the mid-ship elevator lobby. There is an area with about 8 chairs and ashtrays. This area is directly below cabins 6233, 6235, 6237, 6239, 6241 and 6243.

We are looking at cabin 2109 but are concerned the balcony may be subject to smoke if the smoking area is so close. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks.

I found this on another thread:

Smoking areas on S-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse & Silhouette) include the following locations:

Deck 12 (Pool Deck) – Port (left)-side only – outside just forward of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 14 (Lido Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is permitted.

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

Note that this is from information provided on the Solstice in May 2012.

For those with cabins on Deck 6, the following cabin balconies could be affected by smoke from the Deck 5 smoking areas:

Deck 5 port-side forward outside of the forward elevator lobby. There is an area with lounge chairs and ashtrays. This area is directly below cabins 6141, 6143, 6145, 6147, 6149 and 6151.

Deck 5 port-side mid-ship outside of the mid-ship elevator lobby. There is an area with about 8 chairs and ashtrays. This area is directly below cabins 6233, 6235, 6237, 6239, 6241 and 6243.

We are looking at cabin 2109 but are concerned the balcony may be subject to smoke if the smoking area is so close. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks.

Hi Divot Maker,

I've stayed in cabins near 2109, and we had no smoke issues at all. However, we experienced noise from the public area above. It wasn't terrible at all... but if you are a light sleeper, it could be an issue. hope this helps.

Hi Divot Maker,

I've stayed in cabins near 2109, and we had no smoke issues at all. However, we experienced noise from the public area above. It wasn't terrible at all... but if you are a light sleeper, it could be an issue. hope this helps.

Thank you Host Andy, I never even considered that. I'm a very light sleeper :-)

Archived