Seattle Sightseeing Plan

Please excuse my "obsessive" behavior...but we have 1 full day to see Seattle and I want to make the most of it!

We plan to be at the Mariott Waterfront by 9 am, drop our luggage off and hit the streets running.

Hop on waterfront trolley to the end of the line and walk over to Chinatown for a look. Then walk over to Pioneer Square for the Underground Tour. (How long of a walk from Chinatown to Pioneer?) Can we walk from Pioneer to Pike Place Market? Will be looking for a place called "Roxie's Diner" on the way? Anyone know of it? (I read they have a Corned Beef and Chopped Liver sandwich that I haven't had since I was a kid in New York!!!)(save your gagging...it's wonderful!!!) From the Market...what's the best way to get to the Space Needle? If we can accomplish all that, DH will be ready for a nap. In the evening we'll just hang out on the waterfront area for dinner and people watching!

Is all this doable? We are 50ish in fairly decent health...but I'm concerned with the "hills" of Seattle. DH has had back surgery...he walks fine...but we stop frequently (great pub-crawls!!!)

I just want to make sure I'm not "killing" him before we even get on ship!!

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Deb

The trolley stops across the street from the International District (Chinatown), I would go check out Uwajimaya which is a big store that has lots to see and buy. From the International District, Pioneer Square is about 5-6 blocks which is either level or a slight downhill walk. From Pioneer Square to Pike Place Market you can jump on a bus at the corner of 1st and Yesler, the #15 or 18 will take you up 1st Avenue and drop you off across the street from the Market and the ride is free (ride free area). From Pike Place Market to the Seattle Center you can walk, but it is about a mile or so, you can go to Westlake Mall and catch the monorail or catch a cab or a bus (but you will have to pay, ride free area ends about 5-6 blocks from the Seattle Center).

It does seem like a lot to do in one afternoon, I am not sure how long the Underground tour is. The International District and Pike Place Market, you could spend all day just wandering around. You have very easy access to the Seattle Waterfront Marriott from the Pike Place Market at the North end of the Market you go down a hill, across a bridge and down an elevator and your there.

Hope this helps you out a little.

Archived