MSC Booking

resistk

I got a cabin for 3 nine months in advance of cruise (march). I asked a few weeks ago about changing cabin and after a long hold the MSC agent told me there were no more cabins for 3.

Trying to book a cabin for 3 on the Divina on May 25 out of Venice but no availability. Does MSC play games with the cabins only to release them later. I can't imagine all the triples are sold out on that cruise.

As you've chosen half term week, and checking the MSC web site, which shows 4 catagories of cabin as sold out, it is entirely possible that all the 3/4 person cabins have been taken, especiallly as kids under 18 cruise for free( just paying flights and taxes).

Looking at the deck plan and counting the cabins with either bunk beds or sofa beds , bur not including disability cabins, there are 551 cabins out of a total of 1751(31%) that allow multiple ocupancy(3 or 4). So you may just be unlucky, but keep trying the ship and the itinerary are brilliant. I did that cruise last october at half term and it was booked up very early.

Pete

I think MSC does book up earlier. I made my reservations for Divina for late April sailing back in Sept. At that time there were only a couple of balcony rooms left for 2. One category was sold out. I kept checking though and was lucky enough to hit it when an aft balcony was listed. I called and quickly changed and got a different inside for DD's too.

The agent I talked with said that since under 18 are free in same cabin and they only require the $100 deposit, that their cabins do book rapidly.

My advice is to keep checking daily. Cancellations do happen.

We are new to cruising too and decided on MSC Divina based on the itinerary. I was amazed 7 months in advance we could not get an inside cabin that will accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. We finally got an ocean view on the lowest level. Since it's our 1st we decided to take it rather than paying the extra $$ for the balcony.

Trying to book a cabin for 3 on the Divina on May 25 out of Venice but no availability. Does MSC play games with the cabins only to release them later. I can't imagine all the triples are sold out on that cruise.

MSC do play every sort of availability game. I tracked availability on my last cruise with them daily as I had booked the lowest inside guarantee category and was hoping they would sell out of insides and upgrade me. Every single category at some point was shown as sold out only to reappear later. Plus MSC also give the impression that there are only 3 or 4 cabins available in your chosen category - the availability is rotated over 10 to 100 times this number of cabins over time. I don't know why they play these games but they do.

BTW, I was upgraded to an outside.

Try different web sites to book. Some timesthey would have cabins you need.

Archived