Largest size luggage you can self carry on

slm517

I typically only take a carry-on and a large tote on most cruises, but that was before I needed to pack a bottle of wine :D. What is the largest size of luggage you can self carry? Will a 25" roll aboard fit through the scanners?

My advice is just make sure it's not too large. The scanners both in the airport and cruise terminal will take items that exceed the size of official airline carry on. The problem lies with some of the more officious security officers telling you the item is too big. I was challenged by one (in Miami) who told me the bag was too big and needed to big checked. I very politely told him I had been at the same terminal on the same ship with the same bag the month before and it wasn't a problem. He let me pass saying "you'll be back." Went through the scanners with ease. Another poster on another thread reported that they were denied entrance to the terminal in Port Canaveral unless they checked the bag that had been used as carry on previously. Good luck!

I have carried on a 24 inch suitcase several times with no problems. It's not so much the length of the suitcase but the height and width. I used to have the dimensions that you could carry on but can't find it. I know the length was greater than 24. It might even be on the website somewhere.

Archived