Cabin Stewards

Just thinking back to our trip on the Celebration. We only met out cabin steward once, could not even remember his name, which is unusual for me as i have such a good memory. He must have been very busy or maybe just not artistic, as not once did we see any animals decorating out beds yet others talked so much about how lovely their steward was.. Hopefully doing 2 weeks this time we will get acquainted with the steward. I think it is all part of enjoying the cruising experience and nice to make friends with people from a different country :)

we noticed our steward seemed to have too much to do....we didn’t get any towel animals (dd made her own from the book)....in fact it took 3 days of asking to get enough towels for 3

we were tidying our cabin ourselves in the end, we felt so sorry for him,

I believe that if they want an assistant to help (with the bathrooms for instance) the stewards have to pay them out if their own pockets!:(

Hi all

Got back last Thursday night from Celebration. :)

We only had towel animals made for us once during the week. We were left chocolates 5 out of the 7 nights. Our cabin steward left a little card with her name on and our cabin was always spotless clean and always tided for when we returned.

We did see her a couple of times - very pleasant lady, as all the crew are. We left a tip.

We saw our Steward on the Celebration a lot but we were next door to the Steward's station so that might be why! We only had 1 towel creation in 2 weeks in 2012 and that was a very special one made on the day of our Blessing and left there for the rest of the duration - we never had any other towel animals put on our bed or hung from the ceilings like we used to get on the Spirit or our first time on the Celebration :(

100_4094.jpg.270a3043fe12a8b2d02d1bb237ab17c0.jpg

On the spirit last year we had a towel animal every day, love getting them it's all part of the fun of cruising :)

This year we had twelve days on brilliance of the seas, only got them the last six days, we asked but the steward said no sorry they start day six which was fine.

They all work so hard we always tip well and are also happy to tell them not to worry about the evening visit. We tidy up after ourselves and like to think we help out a bit, their hours are so long :-(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

We had been on 2 cruises before on the Queen Mary 2 and the Crown Princess. I must that the 8 of us thoroughly enjoyed it. Its and older ship without the atrium and glass lifts etc. But it makes up for it with fantastic staff both in service and entertainment. The food was very good, not steaks and lobster, but you are not paying those prices. I tipped a doller or two here and there wich went down really well and tipped our cabin steward at the end. The trips were all running, but we couldn't dock in the port for the Pyramids because of a sand storm, so missed that. Anything else? Please ask

Hi Tobizzie,

We returned from the cruise (want to go back, now !) which covered New Year, it was our first ever cruise and Thompons excelled. Used to holidaying with Thompson but we were very impressed with this.

The good ship Celebration is no oil painting compared to the big Liners but she is very, very clean, comfortable and the waiters, cleaning staff are a credit to the ship.

We only booked about four weeks before and chosen on price and as we always wanted to go to Petra - perfect cruise to take in Jordan. ... Inside cabin, deck 4. Cabin was a good size to be honest, bigger than we expected. Bathroom was a little tired looking but they are refitting these, but again spotless and plenty of hot water too.

The way folk on here were going on about the so called "vibration" of the ships engines - we need not of been concered - its not a vibration to shake the bejibers out of you - its a gentle little wobble and the beat of the ships engines we found quite relaxing !

Only went on the Petra tour, which is fabulous. Lots of coaches going and it seems all the guides, local chaps, were excellent - ours certainly was. Take shoes you can walk in as the ground through the Siq is quite uneven and sandy in many places. Very well organised getting on and off the ship infact the whole holiday was very well organised.

Captain John and his crew did a great job. New year's Eve and Captains Gala's (didnt get on his table - maybe next time!!) were very enjoyable indeed - even to dance with the crew and have some fun -great.

The Entertainment crew, quality shows and considering some of the dance members are quite young - they did a great job. The Broadway theatre was always packed out for the twice nightly show.

Met lots of nice people and had a great holiday. icon7.gif

So pleased you had a great first cruise experience - where are you thinking of going next? ;) It's very addictive!!!!

Kruzseeka - Hi.

I think you are right - cruising - very addictive.

We are lucky to have travelled to many countries but this cruise was just fab. Our best friend said to us when we were thinking of booking it - just go and take it for what it is and enjoy. We did just that and was not disappointed.

I just booked a river cruise on the Danube. :)

Maybe looking at Thompson's Caribbean for Christmas and New Year - will have to see.

Hello Shallwe123,

It was great reading about your recent Red Sea Magic cruise, I wonder if I can ask you a couple of questions as we're doing the same cruise on 31st Jan. How warm was it daytime and evening, is it warm enough to go up on deck in the evenings? Did you go on the beach and was it warm enough to go in the sea, really want to do some snorkelling if we can! We're really looking forward to see Petra, the main reason we chose this cruise. Do you know if its possible to go to a beach in Aqaba under your own steam, I know Thomson do a trip to a hotel but think its a bit expensive just for a coach trip to a hotel. Thanks for your help. Mowerlady

Hi Tobizzie,

We returned from the cruise (want to go back, now !) which covered New Year, it was our first ever cruise and Thompons excelled. Used to holidaying with Thompson but we were very impressed with this.

Captain John and his crew did a great job. New year's Eve and Captains Gala's (didnt get on his table - maybe next time!!) were very enjoyable indeed - even to dance with the crew and have some fun -great.

Met lots of nice people and had a great holiday. icon7.gif

Glad you had a good time - we love the Celebration. Nice to hear Captain John is back onboard - he did our Blessing for us in 2012 and left to go home after our first week; he was such a very lovely man!

Glad you had a good time - we love the Celebration. Nice to hear Captain John is back onboard - he did our Blessing for us in 2012 and left to go home after our first week; he was such a very lovely man!

Hi Julessmiles, I think we are like you - we have fallen in love with the Celebration.

Congratulations for your Blessing in 2012 and with Captain John doing the honours too - wow. Yes, agree, very, very nice man indeed. :)

Archived