credit card

Greysea74

I am a 1st time cruiser. I have a question that is probably going to sound stupid. Is the credit card you pay for your cruise with, the same one that they put on file for S&S? My trip is being paid for by someone, who is not going with me, and I want to use my own credit card for S&S. I am sailing on the Carnival Pride. :confused::confused:

We paid for our DD and DSIL's cruise with our credit card. I was able to register their S&S card with their credit card. If unsure of how to do it online, just call Carnival and they'll walk you through it. It's not at all a problem. Have a great cruise!:)

I am a 1st time cruiser. I have a question that is probably going to sound stupid. Is the credit card you pay for your cruise with, the same one that they put on file for S&S? My trip is being paid for by someone, who is not going with me, and I want to use my own credit card for S&S. I am sailing on the Carnival Pride. :confused::confused:

The one used for your S&S card is the one YOU enter into the online check-in through manage my cruise on the Carnival site.

You will be able to do it all online when you print you boarding passes and luggage tags.

When you log in when you are ready to print all your paperwork you will have to set up your spending account and put what cards you want and who is authorized.Its pretty easy and does not have to be done at the terminal

If you log in and pre book your excursions you will have to pay for them at the time. It will ask for a CC and will not "automatically" use any previous cards. If you wait to book excursions on the ship it will charge to your sail and sign account and whatever CC you registered for that. Your SS account does NOT automatically link to the card used to pay for the cruise. You will either register the card you want to use for the SS account online at online check in. If you do not register the card in advance you will have to do it at check in at the pier. Again it will NOT use the card used to pay for the cruise.

No....you set up the method of payment for your Sail and Sign card when you fill out your Fun Pass.

You can use any credit card you want...two separate transacations...

Btw, Welcome to the wonderful (but addictive) world of cruising........and this was a very good question...not stupid at all.

Lots of times friends will all stay in one cabin to save money....(4 to a cabin) and they can all have their own personal Sail and Sign accounts.

Parents with children who all stay in one cabin usually have just Dad paying for everyone's Sail and Sign account.

It is VERY flexible...

Related to this topic, does it have to be a credit card or can a visa debit card be used also? Do they place a hold amount?

It can be a debt card and Yes they do place a hold on it. I believe its around $250 for a 7 day cruise but it could have changed. Its been a while since I've cruise with my buddy who uses a debit card.

Archived