Carambola Club

olson99

Thanks for the info, we will be there in just a little over a week and will report back!

Thank you so much! We are interested in going here in April and looking for any and all info. Have a GREAT cruise! Wanda

I emailed them directly and "reserved" two lounge chairs and an umbrella. They quickly got back to me and told me we were all set for our 10:30ish arrival. No deposit was required.

Hello themutis - we're also on next week's (19 Jan) sailing of Reflection and heading to Carambola/st kitts. we also 'reserved' chairs and umbrella. perhaps we can meet and get transport together -? would be 6 of us, assuming we'll be able to get taxi-van for 6 at port. if interested, let's try and meet. are you planning to attend M&M/cc get-together, which I guess will be sunday a.m.? maybe we can try and 'find each other' there? any plans in san juan, st maarten?

sooo looking forward to this cruise! I keep looking at weather.com - sure hope the nice weather continues. look forward to meeting you/everyone, too! NEXT saturday - !!

Lynn & Jay

TheAmpres,

Life never ceases to amaze me :) Noticed you are from Annapolis... well we have a Mid, and spend lots of time in Annapolis. It's one of our favorite places.

We would love to share transportation to Carambola. We will attempt to attend the M&M/CC get-together - as long as we find out when it is - we are registered for it, so hopefully we will see you there. My husband will likely have a Navy hat on - We are Art(49) and Eileen(50). We will likely be at the Sunset bar for sail away.

We have no plans for San Juan yet. Having been here several times, there isn't much more we want to see. May head to Carli's (http://www.carlisworld.com/restaurant/) after dinner to try and catch some Jazz. It's within walking distance from the port.

TheAmpres,

Life never ceases to amaze me :) Noticed you are from Annapolis... well we have a Mid, and spend lots of time in Annapolis. It's one of our favorite places.

We would love to share transportation to Carambola. We will attempt to attend the M&M/CC get-together - as long as we find out when it is - we are registered for it, so hopefully we will see you there. My husband will likely have a Navy hat on - We are Art(49) and Eileen(50). We will likely be at the Sunset bar for sail away.

We have no plans for San Juan yet. Having been here several times, there isn't much more we want to see. May head to Carli's (http://www.carlisworld.com/restaurant/) after dinner to try and catch some Jazz. It's within walking distance from the port.

small world, for sure! prob. would be better for us to discuss on our rollcall, but since ours is not very active.. glad we connected here! hope those reading for Carambola info will pardon our personal interjections... promise to provide full review/updated info. on Carambola when we get back - although I can't imagine it will be anything short of wonderful!

Eileen, Art: will look for you/Navy hats at sailaway, Sunset Bar. I'll tell DH to wear a Navy hat, too - should be easy to find ea. other... (or we could go with Ravens purple... oh, wait, that would be Sunday - a must!) let's stay w/Navy for sailaway.. -do you have son/daughter at USNA now? DH is not USNA alum, but he has have a few hats:) - will be sure to bring along at least 1! look forward to meeting you - can't wait to getaway and onboard Reflection! Lynn & Jay

Edited by theampres
add

We just returned from the 05 January Celebrity Refection cruise.

We spent the day at Carambola Beach Club. It was awesome.

We felt like we were on a private beach. Very nice chairs and umbrellas,

Spotless rest rooms and very nice bar and dining area.

Our taxi driver asked us what time we would like to be picked up and he was waiting for us at the exact determined time. Cost is $4 per person each way and is about a 15 minute at most ride from pier.

We reserved chairs and umbrellas as well, but since we were the only ship in port there were plenty available.

I found their email on trip advisor. They also have a FB Page.

Hope y'all enjoy, we did!

Mari:)

Where did you email to reserve chairs ?

email: dsharpe at carambolabeachclub dot com - Ms. Daislyn Sharpe, gen. manager of CBC, I believe. very responsive to email, a lovely lady in her correspondence, most welcoming & accommodating. truly looking forward to meeting her and spending a delightful afternoon there!

• 11 months later...
email: dsharpe at carambolabeachclub dot com - Ms. Daislyn Sharpe, gen. manager of CBC, I believe. very responsive to email, a lovely lady in her correspondence, most welcoming & accommodating. truly looking forward to meeting her and spending a delightful afternoon there!

Thanks for the info. I am not on Facebook so I was looking for an e-mail. We will be there on Feb.19 and I'll report back how our day was. Our taxi driver in Dec. really talked up the place and reviews look good.

• 1 month later...
Thank you so much! We are interested in going here in April and looking for any and all info. Have a GREAT cruise! Wanda

We visited St Kitts last week on the Emerald Princess. On the advice of posters, we decided to visit Carambola. Found a taxi easily right off the ship, they had 8 of us in the van it was was $4. pp. I did email and reserve two loungers and an umbrella several weeks before departure. She returned promptly.

Unfortunately, there was a strong rain/wind as we arrived at the Beach Club and broke many umbrellas. We were shown two chairs but they would not give us an umbrella, said due to the wind. The weather rest of the day was fine. Still, would not give us an umbrella. We didn't stay as long as we wanted, as the sun was very strong, and despite lots of sunblock, could feel the burn happening.

We didn't eat here though we read on earlier posts that there was beach service. There was none the day we were there. In fact, all the employees we encountered seemed hostile, almost like they didn't want to serve the "boat people" as I heard us referred to.

Despite this, it IS a beautiful setting, the sand and beach is very clean, no rocks or broken shells in the water. It's very calm as the beach is in a cove. Overall, glad we went. And you'll have no problem getting a return taxi; the lobby is "crawling" with cab drivers wanting to take you "back to the boat." Have fun!