Today Show Package--New Orleans

CRUZN-IS-FUN

So, last year we bought the Today Show package and are booked out of New Orleans. Needless to say, as per my older posts on this subject, this has been somewhat of a nightmare. I am wondering if anyone else has used this package out of New Orleans. I think we are good to go (after much headache and lots of extra money) as far as the cruise goes. We arrive in NO on March 1. I am looking to hear from anyone who has done this what hotel arrangements were made for you. We are in need of a third night and would like to stay in the same hotel. The hotel card people tell us we won't know where we are until 72 hours prior to sail and the hotel listed claims they can guarantee they have no deal with the package and we are not booked there. I would be curious where anyone else was placed who bought this deal. I see that Cruise Critic members Woodi and WMAC both posted that they are going in February. Can you shed any light if you read this. Thanks so much.

We purchased this package off of another couple, they were unable to use it once they purchased it.

BIG MISTAKE!!

We gave it to my mom for a christmas gift, before knowing it was going to be nothing but a headache. There are 5 of us couples going in a few wks, we are going out of Port Canaveral on Sensation. We were not able to use the hotel card, d/t its non-transferable :-( When my mom did try and use the hotel card, they offered her $70 voucher instead of them choosing a hotel for you. I thought them choosing a hotel would be crazy, how in the world could you make plans??

So all in all, a bad experience, will NEVER purchase this again.

Yea I was pretty disappointed with this deal as well. Were taking our cruise on Jan. 17th from new orleans. I felt they were very deceptive in their original description. I thought I could use it during the summer months, but to use it during any summer sailing was going to require extra fees.

I never even fooled with the hotel part of the voucher.

This is what I was afraid of. We are staying for three nights--not two and want to purchase the extra night. Hotels in NO are not cheap to say the least. That would mean we would be paying for 3 nights rather than 1. There are five couples of us. We are talking a significant amount of money and hassle. I was hoping someone had a good experience and could say, yes, we stayed at such and such hotel, it was nice and call them to see if they could accommodate us for the third night. GRRRR. first and last time we will ever purchase any package or use any TA again. Friends talked us into this and we do such much better and easier on our own.

My mom and Aunt are doing this at the end of next month. Same thing as you, wont find out hotel until 72 hours prior to sailing. Also she had to give a cc when she booked it 'just in case' and the fine print says that your cc will be charged if you no show at your hotel.

The package was featured on the Today Show on a Friday in mid-December of 2011. It was $550 for two people plus two nights in the port hotel. There were 4 ports to choose from. Nightmare began after that. Travel agency is horrible, cost us a ton of extra money to change from interior cabin to another and for 5 days rather than 4. We were forced to pay this and make the changes as they would only allow basically one booking of the package per ship per week. No way you could go with anyone else with the "upgrades". Long story short, we are paying more for a shorter cruise without a balcony than if we had just booked our own and we still don't know about the two nights in the hotel in New Orleans that we are supposed to get with the package.

The package was featured on the Today Show on a Friday in mid-December of 2011. It was $550 for two people plus two nights in the port hotel. There were 4 ports to choose from. Nightmare began after that. Travel agency is horrible, cost us a ton of extra money to change from interior cabin to another and for 5 days rather than 4. We were forced to pay this and make the changes as they would only allow basically one booking of the package per ship per week. No way you could go with anyone else with the "upgrades". Long story short, we are paying more for a shorter cruise without a balcony than if we had just booked our own and we still don't know about the two nights in the hotel in New Orleans that we are supposed to get with the package.

Thats crazy

Archived