Splendor - CCL Official Letter with itinerary change

QTPieRye

LMAO... can't wait to meet you on Monday and have that DOD!!!

See ya on Monday ...

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

JANUARY 13, 2013 January 11, 2013

I'm back!

As promised, I wanted to provide you with an update on our plans for your cruise aboard the Carnival Splendor.

I am pleased to inform you that thanks to the hard efforts of our technical team, the repairs have been successfully completed and the Carnival Splendor will be sailing from Puerto Vallarta this evening.

As previously mentioned, we will now operate a 5-day cruise leaving on Monday, with two full day visits to Cabo San Lucas (eliminating the call to Puerto Vallarta). Check-in for your cruise is now scheduled for Monday, January 14, 2013, from 12:30PM to 3:30PM, and sailing is set for 4:30PM.

Guests who purchased flights with Carnival's FlyAweigh program will automatically have their flights adjusted. Guests with independent flight arrangements may now proceed with making the necessary changes to your travel plans. Should you incur any fees for air changes, you will be reimbursed up to $200 per person (please email receipts to guestcare@carnival.com).

We sincerely regret the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard!

Sincerely,

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=Wg0F%2fgybFxTONd7%2fP8p4dY7%2fkXIIqzzvs1dQUCKmLwo%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2ff.chtah.com%2fi%2f23%2f982238741%2fvicky_rey_signature.jpg Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

That's great news for you all sailing on the Splendor:) What port are they using?

Do you mean which port are that docking at or do you mean which port are we going to?

Or do you mean which side of the ship, in which case - both port and starboard.

Let us know what you find. May be interesting!!

I'd thought about booking the cruise last week, but it was sold out, or at least not showing on Carnival's website. At least it is showing again and the price isn't bad for a 5 day cruise, but not the bargain I'm looking for.

It still says Jan 13 departure, so maybe I could get the credit for missing a day? I dunno.

It says inside from $379, outside from $449, balcony $699 and suite $999. Those are per person + taxes. Now if they drop the price by say 50%, I'm all over it. Last I checked (like 5 seconds ago), the ship still hadn't left PV.

Seems that if you got a discount coupon due to a cruise cancellation once, then there's reason to hope that CCL will do it again. I think it's pretty crummy that they wouldn't give you a new cruise booking straight across without charging you more. Poor form, IMO.

Sorry to hear your cruise is already now a day shorter at best, but maybe you can enjoy that day in the Long Beach area. CCL (apparently, as I saw posted somewhere on these boards today...) has offered $$ for extra night in hotel ($200 per cabin) plus meals ($15 lunch, $25 dinner pp). I hope you get it all and can enjoy your vacation! And your cruise! And all the repairs are made well so none of us have to be concerned with our upcoming cruises! m--

Where did you get the hotel!meal info? It hasn't been offered on this cruise to my knowledge and I've been getting emails and calls from CCL today that don't mention this.

Seems that if you got a discount coupon due to a cruise cancellation once, then there's reason to hope that CCL will do it again. I think it's pretty crummy that they wouldn't give you a new cruise booking straight across without charging you more. Poor form, IMO.

Sorry to hear your cruise is already now a day shorter at best, but maybe you can enjoy that day in the Long Beach area. CCL (apparently, as I saw posted somewhere on these boards today...) has offered $$ for extra night in hotel ($200 per cabin) plus meals ($15 lunch, $25 dinner pp). I hope you get it all and can enjoy your vacation! And your cruise! And all the repairs are made well so none of us have to be concerned with our upcoming cruises! m--

I was booked on a weekend cruise at the end of September on an ES rate. Carnival chartered the ship, so I moved my booking up two weeks. Carnival would not allow me to keep the same rate even though it was during the same month, on the same ship, on the same itinerary, in the same cabin.

Where did you get the hotel!meal info? It hasn't been offered on this cruise to my knowledge and I've been getting emails and calls from CCL today that don't mention this.

Yes, I read it here on the boards today. I'll search for it. I've been reading roll calls in addition to the Carnival forums. Hopefully I can find it again and copy it here... but of course that won't make it truth. I'll be back.... m--

And here it is: Post #297 of the Carnival Splendor Rool Call for January 13 sailing.....

Hi cruising friends. I thought I'd pass this along from my Carnival PVP as it relates to your cruise:

· For guests wishing to change their sail date, we can protect rates for close in and comparable sailings of equal duration. For example, we would not protect on a summer sailing.

· For guests who cannot change their travel plans and will arrive on Sunday, we will reimburse up to $200 per cabin for hotel, plus $15 for lunch and $25 for dinner per person.

We are the Hawaii cruise right after you and watching all this very closely. Good luck to you all.

Does anyone know if the splendor has left port yet:confused:

Yes, on all ships left is port and right is starboard.

Based on the webcam image it appears to still be in port. However, someone on the ship posted this at 6:50pm ...

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Splendor left PV on time 50 minutes ago, we're finally back in the Pacific. We all received a letter from the Captain saying we should arrive at Long Beach at 6 AM on Monday.

Nonetheless, the ship should be able to make this trip fairly easily in 55 hours. So if it leaves by 11pm Friday night it should easily make it to Los Angeles by 6am Monday morning.

Archived