Premium seats

Just the other night I had a call from Thomson offering me a super hot discounted deal on premium seats for my flight, price - £199. Why do Thomson feel the need to lie?? I know that that price is the normal price and yet the chap proceeded to tell me of the benefits like.....wait for it.....I would be entitled to 7kg hand luggage!!!! Quick reply....I am anyway as I am a cruise customer why would I pay twice for this!!!

Next tactic I would be provided with a 4 course meal instead of having to pay for a 3 course in economy....eh??? Think you'll find my meal in economy is included!!!

Thomson you need to do better than this its just not on! And I won't even mention the AI.....AGAIN!!

grrrr! they are trying to fill the aircraft up before giving the premium seats away for free to late deal bookers:mad::mad:

why cant they just offer a decent proper discount if they have spare seats.....we may well be tempted

I've just been idling my time on the thoms website looking at next christmas on the dream and I notice that 2 weeks christmas charms/tropical treasures cruise from gatwick has a choice 2 flights returning back to gatwick on 5th jan 2014

tom061 leaving bridgetown at 17.00 with a price of £329 for premium seats

tom587 leaving at 16.15 with a price of £219 for premium seats,

fares for the cruise are the same??

thats a difference of £110 for leaving bridgetown 45mins earlier??

Incidentally both aircraft leave gatwick on 22 december at the same time 9.15 (will they be flying in formation):confused:

...its crazy??....it makes no sense?? or can it be that one of these aircraft will be the dreamliner hence the price hike??

I have booked for next Xmas B2B leaving on the 22nd, leaving from Manchester I booked premium upgrade at £329( mega dear I know ) but it's Christmas! I've just checked on the website and the upgrade is now £519 with only 17 seats left!! I'm glad I booked as soon as it came available. I have been reading the comments from this Xmas with great interest!!

I witnessed an interesting one on my flight back yesterday.

A lady asked the cabin steward if it would be possible for her partner to have a leg room seat as he was 6'6" tall, which seemed a fair enough request. He only booked 2 weeks ago and all the legroom seats were gone. Again, fair enough. The cabin steward told her she would see what she could do, but she can't move someone who has paid for the leg room seats (like me). Again, fair enough.

What puzzled me here was, she should have known if the leg room seats had all been booked and paid for, and advised the passenger accordingly.

However, what happened next was unbelievable. A couple got on the flight near the end, and the girl found out that she was in Row 32, and her partner was in the row in front, but seperated by the toilets. She wasn't happy about this, so she obviously hadn't paid for the legroom seat. The cabin steward asked her if she would like to move down across from her partner, who was sitting across from the tall guy, and she said no, she was fine where she was.

So, she never booked a legroom seat, wasn't happy at being seperated from her partner, but kept the tall guy from having the leg room seat.

I felt this was out of order, being 6'6" myself and having suffered on these flights in the past.

I witnessed an interesting one on my flight back yesterday.

A lady asked the cabin steward if it would be possible for her partner to have a leg room seat as he was 6'6" tall, which seemed a fair enough request. He only booked 2 weeks ago and all the legroom seats were gone. Again, fair enough. The cabin steward told her she would see what she could do, but she can't move someone who has paid for the leg room seats (like me). Again, fair enough.

What puzzled me here was, she should have known if the leg room seats had all been booked and paid for, and advised the passenger accordingly.

However, what happened next was unbelievable. A couple got on the flight near the end, and the girl found out that she was in Row 32, and her partner was in the row in front, but seperated by the toilets. She wasn't happy about this, so she obviously hadn't paid for the legroom seat. The cabin steward asked her if she would like to move down across from her partner, who was sitting across from the tall guy, and she said no, she was fine where she was.

So, she never booked a legroom seat, wasn't happy at being seperated from her partner, but kept the tall guy from having the leg room seat.

I felt this was out of order, being 6'6" myself and having suffered on these flights in the past.

That absolutely crazy!!!

Sounds like some supplements are getting ridiculous. Problem I had with it is that a couple of days before the call I check the upgrade price out of noseyness and it was £179. This flight has never been any more than £199 supplement so why try and tell me its a discounted deal?!

The supplement I'm afraid isn't worth it to me anyway, I don't care about sitting together as long as we all get on the plane that'll do, we have 2 weeks to spend 24/7 together. I will credit Thomson with the leg room in economy and do find the planes comfortable, had far worse conditions on far longer flights than 9 hours with scheduled airlines. As for drinks/snacks on the flight I will be buying some juices/snacks air side before boarding. Luggage allowance got 27kg included anyway and a 3 course meal to keep me going. I just can't see what the benefit is for such a high supplement.

Just checked the upgrade price again for my flight and its still £179!! Yeah OK so even if I did feel the need to want to upgrade the Thomson courtesy call offering me a discounted deal would've cost me and extra £20 per head, thats just so wrong :rolleyes:

Thomson don't you realise I have just paid the full value of the cruise, you have my money so why try bleed your paid customers dry??!

Archived