? about FTTF on Ecstasy

MrsMick1

First time cruisers headed aboard the Ecstasy on 1/24 - DH and I, my brother and SIL.

I was wondering if FTTF would be necessary or worthwhile for us. The main attraction of it is the ability to have immediate access to our cabin in order to drop our stuff and start exploring the ship. Our itinerary includes no tendered ports, so that benefit wouldn't apply, and we don't necessarily care so much about boarding early or any of the other benefits. So, here are my questions:

1. If I purchase FTTF for our cabin, could my brother and SIL accompany us/meet us there to drop their carry-ons as well? Our thinking is that if only one person purchases it, it amounts to ~$12 per person for the benefit of having that access, which seems worth it to me.

2. Re: cabin access, how much time would I really be buying with FTTF vs. what time cabins are generally ready for all passengers to occupy? As a side note, our boarding passes say embarkation from 1:30 - 3, but I've gathered from reading posts here that people are sometimes embarking as early as 11:00 - is that really true?

Thanks in advance for your answers - we are getting really excited about this trip!:)

1.Technically no. It is sold as 1 fttf per room. If all 4 are in the same cabin yes. some will say do it anyway nobody checks. We were checked twice.

2. We boarded around 10:30am and were in the room by 10:45.Rooms without fttf are usually ready at 1:30. Most boarding passes do say board between 1 and1:30 for that reason. Without fttf you get to drag your carry ons around until 1:30. H ave a great cruise!

Archived