Our day in Cozumel

kathy7558

We were in Cozumel on the Carnival Victory last Tuesday. We had decided on the Mini-Golf after reading about it on these boards. Well, it was just as delightful as everyone said! :D

It was quite hot that day - at least for us having just come from 50 degree weather in the Northeast - but we found shade and breezes throughout the course that helped. The jello shots we ordered from the 9th hole helped, too! And, at the end - wet, cool towels were waiting for us! How wonderful!

We ate lunch at Sonora Grill - not far from the mini-golf and also recommended on these boards. Again - teriffic! :D For only $10 we got a huge plate of food, called a "Mexican Feast" - and it lived up to its name! I can't remember what all was on it, but everything was good. My favorite was the cheese stuffed pepper. We had free drinks, thanks to a coupon from the Mini-golf. They had a roving guitar player who entertained us with several songs in Spanish - for tips, of course.

After lunch we shopped our way back to the waterfront. There are so many lovely little shops to look in! My niece wanted to get her hair braided, so we found a shop that offered it. She picked out the style she wanted from the book of pictures and sat down. Fortunately for my friend and I, the hair braiding was right next to a tequila shop! We had quite a few tastes and then bought several different kinds and flavors.

By the time we worked our way back to the flag pole, it was late afternoon, so we took a taxi back to the ship. We ate dinner on board and then went back out to the pier area b/c our ship was in port until midnight.

Lucky for us, Fat Tuesdays was right there! :D My niece, 19, was excited because she could legally order and buy drinks in Mexico, so she went right for the Yard - after sampling several flavors. I ended up drinking two Attitubes before we got back on board for the Mexican sail-away party.

We had wanted to also go to Paradise Beach, but didn't get there. I guess that's for next time! :D

Archived