Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

While Dave won't be sailing with those of us who go before and after his December B2B, he will be with each and every one of us in spirit as we explore the Royal.

Lucky are those who do get to sail with Dave in Dec. and meet this extraordinary man. From the bottom of my heart and with boundless gratitude - thank you. :):)

I have not posted on this forum before but I just had to say a big thank you to Dave. He has done a terrific job.

I was lucky to be able to go on the second of the preview cruises. What a fantastic ship! I was disappointed that we were unable to anchor off Guernsey as I was looking forward to going on one of the lifeboats. However, it gave more time to look round this wonderful ship and I still didn't have time to see it all! The food in Horizon Court and the Dining Rooms was amazing; the choice, presentation and taste could not be better. I was in one of the balcony staterooms on Dolphin deck. The shower room is quite small and although the shower area itself is a good size there is little room to dry yourself if you step out of the shower. The toilet roll holder is also difficult to access and it has one of those annoying flaps on the top which you have to lift to get access to the roll. Just a couple of minor irritants but it didn't spoil the wonderful two nights we had on the lovely Royal Princess.

Those of you booked to travel on the Royal are in for a treat. Have a great time.

I have not posted on this forum before but I just had to say a big thank you to Dave. He has done a terrific job.

I was lucky to be able to go on the second of the preview cruises. What a fantastic ship! I was disappointed that we were unable to anchor off Guernsey as I was looking forward to going on one of the lifeboats. However, it gave more time to look round this wonderful ship and I still didn't have time to see it all! The food in Horizon Court and the Dining Rooms was amazing; the choice, presentation and taste could not be better. I was in one of the balcony staterooms on Dolphin deck. The shower room is quite small and although the shower area itself is a good size there is little room to dry yourself if you step out of the shower. The toilet roll holder is also difficult to access and it has one of those annoying flaps on the top which you have to lift to get access to the roll. Just a couple of minor irritants but it didn't spoil the wonderful two nights we had on the lovely Royal Princess.

Those of you booked to travel on the Royal are in for a treat. Have a great time.

Thanks for your positive post Medeba.

TO DAVE!! Yup, all caps! You deserve nothing less than a SHOUT of THANKS from all who have passed this way! I lament the fact that you will not be with us on our B2B Caribbean Inaugural, but rest assured that the crowd of CC folks who will be onboard will be raising a glass, or cup, whatever they drink, TO YOU in honor of your devotion to promoting this great ship! Your picture now has a reserved space on my Desktop. All the best to you, all the time, everywhere you are!!

Dave...Congrats on your rating_5.gifrating from CC....we knew all along you were 5 stars !!! :D:D:D

Not very often that I've noticed a 5 star rating for a thread here on the Princess boards. Wonderful.:D

I just noticed the 5 star rating this morning. Dave congrats on that. Also I can't recall any other thread having a star rating next to it. Let alone 5 of them.

Marty

It will depend on us whether or not this thread continues. If we continue to post in it and try to help each other, then it can continue. ;)

OK, there seem to be several negative threads going about The Royal Princess. I'm sure many are like me and are optimistic about The Royal Princess. So, lets start a thread with just positive features, amenities, dining etc. Whether you have sailed her or you have a sailing coming up please say something positive you are excited about!! There are a number of threads already for negative comments so lets keep this one fun & happy!!!

Gracie65 has started a great thread so the positives can be shared:

Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1864053

Not very often that I've noticed a 5 star rating for a thread here on the Princess boards. Wonderful.:D

I noticed it also this morning! Way to go, Dave ! :)

Yea CC for acknowledging our Royal Blogger

Who had the Like button ? We need 5 Likes !

sue

dave - fantastic that all your efforts are acknowledged by cruise critic. I too hope you will chime in again once you have recovered from all the hours you have devoted to this amazing thread. K

while dave won't be sailing with those of us who go before and after his december b2b' date=' he will be with each and every one of us in spirit as we explore the royal.

Lucky are those who do get to sail with dave in dec. And meet this extraordinary man. From the bottom of my heart and with boundless gratitude - thank you. :):)[/quote']

it would be an honor for all cc members to acknowledge dave as our 5 star leader with his portrait placed on a most notable spot next to the photos of the executive officers of royal princess. The kids:

Hi Dave,

I just wanted to thank so much for this wonderful thread. I came across it for the first time this past Sunday and spent over four hours reading. I feel you are like a kindred spirit as it is apparent to me that you love cruising as much as I do. This is the first Princess cruise for DH and I and we are so excited about this cruise. In fact when we received the email from Princess providing the info on the 10 day NYE 2014 cruise on the Royal Princess I booked our cruise right away! DH just shook his head as he knows how I live for our cruises and I tend to always book early. But DH thought that maybe just maybe I should have waited until we actually sailed on the Royal Princess to see if we like it! But somehow I just know that we are going to love cruising with Princess (our past cruises have been with Carnival) and after reading all your helpful info I am more excited than ever to cruise on the Royal Princess. I hope to continue to read many of your threads in the future for I feel you have indeed become a friend to many of us. Congrats on the recognition of the 5 star rating - most definitely well deserved! I hope someday we will cross paths in the many years to follow of happy cruising! With warmest thanks, Suzanne

Dave...Congrats on your rating_5.gifrating from CC....we knew all along you were 5 stars !!! :D:D:D

I didn't want to miss it...but where did you see the 5 stars? Tell me, Terri!!

Congrats, Dave! You deserve all this wonderfull praise! I also think we are all missing you!.. BTW, Your picture is very nice. You don't look boring at all!! :)

One Of The Cruise Buds, Kat

Archived