Classic Beverage Package ????

fitznorton

I have searched for answers and hope someone can answer these questions. Booked on a med cruise this June and may change my reservation to include the new 1,2,3 promotion, opting for the Classic Package.

If we eat breakfast at the buffet where do i order fresh juice? Do they have a server come around with a cart as I have seen on other cruises? Can I order a specialty coffee here? Or do I have to go to Cafe Al Bacio? Does Cafe Al Bacio serve regular brewed coffee as well as their specialty coffees? While sitting by the pool can I order a non-alcoholic frozen drink?

Are the smoothies at the Aqua Spa cafe included? Where do I get bottled water? From the bar? Can I get bottled water leaving the ship on port days? Sorry for all the questions, thanks.

>>> If we eat breakfast at the buffet where do i order fresh juice? Do they have a server come around with a cart as I have seen on other cruises? Can I order a specialty coffee here? Or do I have to go to Cafe Al Bacio?

There is a bar by the port side entrance to the buffet on S class ships which has an espresso machine where they make the premium coffees and sell the premium juices. There are waiters and bar waiters walking through the buffet who will get these for you but sometimes the waiter service isn't great and you just need to get the items on your own. If there are servers with a cart they are probably carrying regular ship's coffee (blah!) and not the premium items.

>>>>Does Cafe Al Bacio serve regular brewed coffee as well as their specialty coffees?

No. Cafe al Bacio only serves espresso based coffees but you can get an Americano which is espresso and hot water which is similar to a brewed coffee, or a latte which is similar to a brewed coffee with milk. There is no premium brewed (filter) coffee served on Celebrity, only the mediocre no-extra charge coffee is brewed (or sort of brewed depending on the ship and location).

>>>> While sitting by the pool can I order a non-alcoholic frozen drink?

Yes. Depending on the service you might do better going to the pool bar, or mast bar (deck overlooking pool), to get your own but you can try both approaches. But I'm not sure if they are included or not since the classic non-alcoholic package might not include these. It does not seem logical that the classic alcoholic package includes frozen drinks but wouldn't include them without alcohol in them, but it might be the case. Anyone with actual experience on this?

>>>> Are the smoothies at the Aqua Spa cafe included?

Sorry - I'm not familiar with these. I don't think they'd be included as they are not included with the classic non-alcoholic package but I can't say for sure.

>>>> Where do I get bottled water? From the bar? Can I get bottled water leaving the ship on port days?

You can get bottled water at every bar, lounge, and dining area on the ship. We made it a practice to stop by either cafe al bacio, the buffet bar, or another bar frequently on our way back to the cabin for bottled water since the mini-bar and room service is not included. They also sell bottled water when leaving the ship on port days and your package covers this as well.

• 2 months later...
Something we are trying to find....Is Budwiser served on Celebrity cruises and is it included in the Classic package?

According to list it is...

__ [at least at OCEANVIEW/POOL Bars:]

Beck's [Germany] 5.0

Heineken [Holland] 5.0

Heineken Light [Holland] 5.0

Amstel Light [Holland] 5.0

Corona [Mexico] 5.0

Corona Light [Mexico] 5.0

Stella Artois [belgium] 6.0

Bohemia [Mexico] 6.0

Franziskaner [bavaria] 5.0

Dos Equis [Mexico] 5.0

Grolsch [Holland] 6.0

Red Stripe [Jamaica] 5.0

Murphy's Stout [ireland] 6.0

Hoegaaden [belgium] 6.0

Guinness Stout [ireland] 6.0

Newcastle Brown Ale [scotland] 6.0

Boddington's Ale [England] 6.0

Leffe Blonde [belgium] 5.0

Stella Artois [belgium] 6.0

Peroni [italy] 6.5

Coors Light 4.5

Samuel Adams 5.0

Miller Lite 4.5

Budweiser 4.5

Bud Light 4.5

Michelob Light 4.5

__ [PASSPORT BAR adds:]

Carlsberg [Denmark] 6.0

Sapporo Reserve [Japan] 6.0

Dogfish Head Brown Ale [india] 6.5

Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial [india] 6.5

Kingfisher 6.5 [india]

Singha [Thailand] 6.5

Warsteiner [Germany] 6.5

Smirnoff Ice Malt 5.0

Bacardi Ice Malt 5.0

__ [LAWN CLUB adds:]

Flying Dog Wheat Ale [uS] 6.5

Flying Dog Pale Ale [uS] 6.5

Magic Hat #9 Ale [uS] 6.5

Magic Hat Lucky Kat Ale [uS] 6.5

Brooklyn Brown Ale [uS] 6.5

Brooklyn Lager [uS] 6.5

Woodpecker Cider [English] 6.5

Strongbow Cider [English] 5.0

__ [ENSEMBLE LOUNGE adds:]

San Miguel [Philippines] 5.0

Tiger [singapore] 5.0

Tsingtao [China] 6.0

Kirin Ichiban [Japan] 6.0

Hitachino Red Rice [Japan] 8.0

Hitachino Classic Ale [Japan] 8.0

Hitachino Ginger Ale [Japan] 8.0

Here are some other links for beverages...

Coffees and Teas at Cafe al Bacio and the Lawn Club:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225556

Non-Alcoholic Beverages (other than Coffee/Tee):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225616

Wines and Liqueurs served by the glass:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225629

Beer/Ale/Stout/Cider:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225642

Martinis at Martini Bar and Ensemble Lounge:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225667

Miscellaneous Cocktails (Mixed Drinks):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225692

>>>

>>>>Does Cafe Al Bacio serve regular brewed coffee as well as their specialty coffees?

No. Cafe al Bacio only serves espresso based coffees but you can get an Americano which is espresso and hot water which is similar to a brewed coffee, or a latte which is similar to a brewed coffee with milk. There is no premium brewed (filter) coffee served on Celebrity, only the mediocre no-extra charge coffee is brewed (or sort of brewed depending on the ship and location).

Larry

I can't speak for any other ship or location but several times on our last Solstice cruise I was at the Aqua Spa Cafe when the staff was making fresh coffee and saw them actually put real coffee in a filter into the top of the machine.

(Our cabin was just under there and it was SO easy to just run up for a cup of coffee or tea! Wish they were open later!)

This upcoming cruise is my first time having the Classic Beverage Package, and I wondered how you show that you have the package? Is there a sticker that goes on your card like when you have the soda package?

Also, is it possible to ask for a smaller martini to fit under the $8 limit as I see those are $10.

Thank you!

Archived