Mirrored ceiling tiles on Destiny-public restroom

shipty2

I sailed on the Destiny about 2 years ago. While I was in the lido washroom I heard someone calling to me as if they recognized me, Much to my dismay they had looked up and seen me sitting in my bathroom stall by looking at the very reflective tiles on the ceiling.

Of course I was embarrassed but more importantly I was thinking about females going in there with their one piece swim suit on and having to get almost naked inside the stall to to their business due to the style of the swim suit while someone could see them. I mentioned this to the staff at the purseres desk and they seemed shocked, I found it hard to believe that a ship that has been sailing for so many years has never had this complaint before.

A friend has just boarded the Destiny and reported back that the ceiling tiles are the same. I sure hope that is part of the "sunshine" refurb.

I sailed on the Destiny about 2 years ago. While I was in the lido washroom I heard someone calling to me as if they recognized me, Much to my dismay they had looked up and seen me sitting in my bathroom stall by looking at the very reflective tiles on the ceiling.

Yowza!! :eek:

I'd thought them putting the towel rack inside the shower stall was the dumbest design flaw of a bathroom onboard Carnival Destiny, but I was wrong. You win!!!

Towels%20In%20Shower-L.jpg

I'd thought them putting the towel rack inside the shower stall was the dumbest design flaw of a bathroom onboard Carnival Destiny, but I was wrong. You win!!!

Like the showers are big enough for the towels to be in there too

as for the Rest Room ceiling tiles...I never even thought to look up. Guess I will be from now on!

Hi Don, I believe we shared the beach with you one port day while on the Dream...I believe it was in Coz.

What about the glass stares on spirit ships?:eek:

LOL, forgot about that! I know where I would have been hanging out as a teen! I would have loved elegant night! Now they keep telling me I'm an adult and have to act like one. Oh, and the wife hits pretty hard :p

Of course I was embarrassed but more importantly I was thinking about females going in there with their one piece swim suit on and having to get almost naked inside the stall to to their business due to the style of the swim suit while someone could see them. I mentioned this to the staff at the purseres desk and they seemed shocked, I found it hard to believe that a ship that has been sailing for so many years has never had this complaint before.

A friend has just boarded the Destiny and reported back that the ceiling tiles are the same. I sure hope that is part of the "sunshine" refurb.

It was very ballsy of "someone" to call out to you :eek: unless they were a very good friend or family member.

You know you can just pull the suit to the side. Learned this years ago when I wore a lot of body suits.

. . . Hi Don, I believe we shared the beach with you one port day while on the Dream...I believe it was in Coz.

True dat, Marie. :) Enjoyed spending time with you, Chelle, and the other Dream Catchers. Nachi was a really fun/relaxing day, as was creating the conga-line of tubes in Belize (with Janet clamped on my ankles to tight my feet turned colors) :p

The onboard experience of that particular ship was nothing to write home about, but most of the port stops were very enjoyable.

Take care!! :)

I guess we should be glad those tiles weren't put on the shower walls! :eek::D

A friend has just boarded the Destiny and reported back that the ceiling tiles are the same. I sure hope that is part of the "sunshine" refurb.[/quote]

and it took two years to write this,,, whats up with that , I would have written it as soon as I cam home

It appears that the OP was just posting that after two years, the problem hasn't been corrected yet.

I sailed on the Destiny about 2 years ago . . .

. . . A friend has just boarded the Destiny and reported back that the ceiling tiles are the same. I sure hope that is part of the "sunshine" refurb.

and it took two years to write this,,, whats up with that , I would have written it as soon as I cam home

Perhaps because of the recent confirmation of existence?

Archived