Bahamas in March - Would you or wouldn't you?

My issue is going to the Bahamas Jan - Dec. :p

Not our favorite port. Been there three times, Dec., Mar. and Apr. and it rained and was chilly all three times.

We no longer take cruises that stop there, so you should be okay. :)

Past weather is not indicative of future weather.

Getting ready to pull the trigger and finally book - The only thing holding me back is the fear that it just wont be warm enough in the Bahamas to truly enjoy it. There are only 3 port stops, Florida, Nassau & Coco Cay. The timing in the ports is weird - We get to nassau at 1pm - Doesnt everything close by 6pm? Then we are docked till midnight. :confused: Is this the normal time frame for this cruise or is it based on the time of year. Cant decide if it's worth it or if I should look at Caribbean itinerary...which really jumps up in price. :(

If you've done this cruise this time of year please chime in....

I say no way to the Bahamas in March. Yes, you could get lucky and get warm weather. However it can be cold & windy(yes 60's is cold in the Bahamas). Don't gamble go to the Caribbean!!

We were in the Bahamas last week, Cococay on Saturday, January 12th and Nassau on Sunday. The weather was wonderful. We spent the morning walking in Cococay and it never felt too hot. The water was a tad cold but we were still able to get in for a few minutes. However, in the shade it was a bit cold. Most people sleeping in the shade were using their towels as blankets. All in all perfect weather for a walk.

Getting ready to pull the trigger and finally book - The only thing holding me back is the fear that it just wont be warm enough in the Bahamas to truly enjoy it. There are only 3 port stops, Florida, Nassau & Coco Cay. The timing in the ports is weird - We get to nassau at 1pm - Doesnt everything close by 6pm? Then we are docked till midnight. :confused: Is this the normal time frame for this cruise or is it based on the time of year. Cant decide if it's worth it or if I should look at Caribbean itinerary...which really jumps up in price. :(

If you've done this cruise this time of year please chime in....

No, too cold. Been there, done that. Go further south

Archived