Best Room Location on AOS

My wife-to-be and I are booking a last minute trip on the 7/10 Aruba run on the AOS. Where is the best location on the ship with regards to front, middle, or rear of the ship? We're booking a D1 or D2 balcony. I haven't cruised since 2001 and this is her 1st, so we want to try to get the best space that's still available. Thanks for the help.

Take Cabin #8616............Nice location near the Centrum on deck 8........It's Mid ship and is a Category E1.....will save you a few bucks too over any of the D1 or D2 Cabins. I looked and all those cabins that are left are either Forward or toward the aft........

Right Now Cabin 8616 is your best location .........Grab it quick before someone else sees it on your same sailing. It's also about $360 per person cheaper then the categories you stated on the site I'm looking at right now. Save the $$$ and take the Category E1. Thats about $720 you can save for excursions and such. E1 cabins are only 15 square ft smaller then the D1's and D2's......only about 2 ft shorter in length, all 3 category cabins are the same width........Take the Category E1, but hurry , I doubt it will last long.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Thanks for the heads up. That was not available yesterday so I've taken your advice and picked it up. Is the hump going to be a good location or bad since the view towards the rear of the boat is blocked somewhat? I'm hoping the central location isn't too busy or loud.

It's a great location, the balcony sticks out just a tad, you will be able to see toward aft enough, whats neat from that balcony you will be able to looks forward and see the ship cut through the water.

It will not be loud at all there, the cabin doors are very sound proof, it's a great location, it will take you hardly anytime at all from going forward in the ship or to go toward the aft of the ship.

Hardly anyone will ever actually walk by your cabin door and this is why, because the entrance(doorway) from that hallway to elevators is located in front of Cabins #8612 and #8622.

Don't worry about your cabin selection at all. It's an excellent spot, you were very lucky to get one of those cabins near the centrum. They are usually the first ones to get booked. My guess is someone added a person to the booking of that room and needed a cabin that held 3 people and switched.

Another important factor is the money you just saved....:D

Have a great cruise!

Jimbo:)

We were in the cabin number 9253. DO NOT GET THIS CABIN!

It apparently is right next to pipes, and they sloshed every night during the cruise. We felt like we were sleeping next to the gas tank! :eek:

Archived