Where to eat breakfast? Hotel is too expensive for BF.

angelndscz

So we are hearing that breakfast at the Marriott (Downtown at Convention Center) is $18 a person. Really? So we have seven cheerleading teams staying there. In our close circle of friends everyone is flying in, but us.. we are driving. So my husband says he thinks there is a McDonald's 5 or 6 blocks away. So I thought he could drive there to get us breakfast while we get dressed in the morning. All the other moms are like, yea... HE can also get us breakfast. When my husband mentioned getting stuff from the grocery store for sandwiches, they were like we can give YOU money to get it for us too.

So seems like having a car we are going to be the taxi for the long weekend? Actually, we plan on doing some things on our own away from the group.

So my first question is:

1) What are the inexpensive places for breakfast? My daughter's team is ages 9-14 year olds. Pancakes and egg are probably what they would want. Parents don't want to pay above IHOP or Denny's prices.

Now we learned the ghost & vampire tour my daughters team planned (he is also the gym owner) they just want it to be team bonding so just the girls and coaches. The parents would have to book their own tour. So, I am thinking most of them offer military discount anyways and we can probably just book somewhere after arrival if the rest of us want to go. Originally, I wanted to do the tour, but now will just play it by ear. I am sure parents will take the free time to hit the bars. I still have other kids with me.

I have four kids ages 20, 18, 11, (older ones are boys) and then the cheerleader who is 9. So what would you suggest doing with the other ones while she is on the ghost & vampire tour? Our own ghost tour? I like doing the touristy stuff. I have been to NO a few times before. I have already done several carriage tours, cemetery tour, garden district tour, that outdoor market (closed at night anyways I think), and several historical home tours. I have visited Marie Laveau House of Voodoo for tarot card readings twice. I wouldn't mind doing that again. But am open to suggestions on other things do to. Daughter's ghost tour is a Saturday night departing at 8 pm and I think it is two hours long. They are probably departing from near the hotel.

Archived