THE DAWN,. How is it?

geocruiser

Here is a link to my review. I just cruised the Dawn a couple weeks ago and if your signature is indicative of the cruise line you are used to, my review might be of interest to you. There are plenty of pictures showing the good and bad.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1759414

I guess it would have helped if I listed the lines I have been on. Then you might get a idear of my taste. So here goes,

Home Lines

Chandris

Celebrity

Premier

Regal (Regal Empress Did not like)

Carnival (long ago. Did not like)

Dolphin

Cunard

Costa (did not like)

HAL

MSC (NOT FOR ME)

Princess

RCCL

Azamara

I think I got them all. As you can see I have been on old tubs( May not have liked them but had fun) Also have been on upmarket lines too.

Hope this helps.

We are doing our second Dawn cruise next month. We sailed her in February of 2009 and loved the size and the great crew.

We have a 14 y.o. daughter sailing with us. Two years ago we took a vacation on Epic. She was just a bit too young for the teen club and found the 10 y.o. boys playing video games not to her liking. Even though the ship has everything you would think a pre-teen would desire, she said that it was too hard to meet people because it was too big. Last year we did the Sun and there were SEVEN teenagers on the ship. Two spoke no English and stayed with their parents and one was sick the whole cruise. My daughter made friends with the other two girls and they had an absolute blast. They would meet at the teen club, go to the pool, eat lunch together... She said it was her best cruise ever, and for her if there is just one potential cruise friend she is all set. It depends what your teen likes but mine absolutely loved the much smaller ship with much fewer bells and whistles. I think the key is to go to the teen club at the beginning of the cruise and look for other teens if you have a social one like mine. As she said about Epic, how many times can I go down a waterside, anyway?

Happy sailing,

Barb

I felt the same way before we sailed this past week, but we got back today and we are already looking to book our next trip! The ship was awesome, the crew was amazing, and the food was great!!!!! Moral of the story, do not believe everything you read because most people that take the time to write a review are writing it to share all of their complaints!! It is quite true that everyone has a different perspective though, because on the last day I ran in to several people that had nothing the horrible "stories" of what they experienced during the week (I thought the majority of complaints to be ridiculous)! The only negative I can even comment on is the desserts were not up to par with other lines we have been on, but to me that was a positive because I was able to keep my weight gain to 4 pounds for the week!!!;) Have fun!!!:)

We, too, just got off on Sunday and will write a review. In a nutshell: great lounge entertainment, good food, good service, well-maintained ship. I would not hesitate to book the Dawn again. Only negatives are the small size of the atrium (where good entertainers performed) and no top floor Spinnaker.

Archived