Caribbean Princess Mini-Suite Question

craftsrdkc

Our family is sailing on the Caribbean Princess and we have decided for this cruise we will be getting a mini-suite. We decided the girls were getting too big for the bunk beds and I am tired of banging my head in the morning and stubbing my toes on the ladder, so it is time to upgrade. How big is the "sofa bed"? Is it the standard size sofa bed you would get for your own home. We have one in our basement and the girls sleep on it quite comfortably together (when they want to have movie night). The reservation agent said it was for one person and a bunk would come down for the 4th person. I am tired on bunks, so hoping the girls can stay together in the sofa bed (I am hoping this is not a chair that folds out for a single, small bed).

Thanks for your info.

D

Thanks, MilliesMom. That really helps. Not sure why the rep told me that the bed was only for one person...my girls are not that big! I think this will be great.

D

Maybe because they consider it a double bed and not a queen/king, plus the pull down bed they told you about. They may have to allow a separate bed option for each person in the cabin.

Glad the video helped. We are in a mini for our next cruise. So glad to have a sofa/seating area. I have insomnia many nights and this way I can curl up on the sofa with a blanket to read and not disturb my husband. That is my only disappointment with Princess is that the only way you get a sofa is with a mini-suite or above. The other cruiselines we've been on have them with almost all cabins.

Enjoy your cruise.

The sofa may appear to be a regular size, but only one half of it folds out into a (twin) bed, and the fourth person does indeed sleep in a bunk.

"You're" tired of bunks?! Imagine how your daughter who's actually forced to sleep in it feels. Anyway, you won't stub your toe and it won't be in your way -- the steward puts it back up in the ceiling during the day, and in a minisuite, it's not situated near the main bed but in the sitting area of the cabin.

You could always get them their own room across the hall if your girls are "too big," although even adults sleep in the bunk beds; they're not for kids only.

Maybe because they consider it a double bed and not a queen/king, plus the pull down bed they told you about.
Incorrect information. Only a twin pulls out. It's not a double, queen or any other configuration. For four people in a mini-suite, the third person is on the pull-out couch, the fourth is in a pull-down bunk. Since the bunk is over the sofa, those in the main sleeping area don't have to worry about someone overhead.

8ytemysu.jpg

Archived