Allure 1-6-13 with pictures

caneguy

This was the view from our starboard cabin while docked in Nassau. The port view faced the other ships.

DSC_0107_zps11fcd726.jpg

DSC_0108_zps8f980009.jpg

Atlantis on Paradise Island

In the ports of St. Thomas and St. Maarten our view on deck 9 was blocked by the ships docked next to us.

Here is our view while at Sea:)

DSC_0385_zps942b2003.jpg

DAY TWO CONTINUED:

We made it back to the Allure and went to Park Cafe for the roast beef sandwich (can not get enough of those). This time I asked the carver for double meat and the sandwich was sooooo good! After my sandwich and made to order salad I went up to the Solarium to find a lounge chair to sleep off my Senior Frogs effect:)

Dinner tonight was at Giovanni's. Formal night on the ship and we did not feel like dressing to the max for dinner. Our family really enjoyed Giovanni's. Again, we are a party of 8 and I think with the style of dinning (family style suggested) that size of a dinner party is what you want to do at Giovanni's. With a large party and family style dinning, we were able to sample so may different appitizers, pasta, and entree's. So if you are traveling with two or four people go out and meet some new friends than all of you go together to Giovanni's. You will have a much better experience dinning there.

DSC_0444_zps6ec5d9d7.jpg

Giovanni's Appetizers and Salads

DSC_0446_zpsd6bf120d.jpg

Giovanni's Pasta Selection

DSC_0447_zps722c7e94.jpg

Giovanni's Entree's (this may be the lunch menu but almost the same for dinner

DSC_0448_zps0398b7f5.jpg

Desserts at Giovanni's

Like I said, the Tiramisu was the best dessert I had on the ship and was almost as good as any I have had in the North End of Boston

I wish I remembered the names:) I gave the server from the second night at Chops my WOW card because of his wonderful service (gave my son's the use of his phone to check the NFL scores) and his recommendation of the Barramundi filet.

i just *know* it must have been Jerome!

DAY TWO CONTINUED:

We made it back to the Allure and went to Park Cafe for the roast beef sandwich (can not get enough of those). This time I asked the carver for double meat and the sandwich was sooooo good! After my sandwich and made to order salad I went up to the Solarium to find a lounge chair to sleep off my Senior Frogs effect:)

Dinner tonight was at Giovanni's. Formal night on the ship and we did not feel like dressing to the max for dinner. Our family really enjoyed Giovanni's. Again, we are a party of 8 and I think with the style of dinning (family style suggested) that size of a dinner party is what you want to do at Giovanni's. With a large party and family style dinning, we were able to sample so may different appitizers, pasta, and entree's. So if you are traveling with two or four people go out and meet some new friends than all of you go together to Giovanni's. You will have a much better experience dinning there.

DSC_0444_zps6ec5d9d7.jpg

Giovanni's Appetizers and Salads

DSC_0446_zpsd6bf120d.jpg

Giovanni's Pasta Selection

DSC_0447_zps722c7e94.jpg

Giovanni's Entree's (this may be the lunch menu but almost the same for dinner

DSC_0448_zps0398b7f5.jpg

Desserts at Giovanni's

Like I said, the Tiramisu was the best dessert I had on the ship and was almost as good as any I have had in the North End of Boston

Hi Caneguy,

Loving your review! Am going to be on Allure in two weeks. Also booked Giovannis and I compared your menu post to Gambee's post of the menu (see link below) back in November and they definitely changed it. No beef filet tenderloin:mad: (just an 8oz Strip) and no Osso Bucco.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1737751&page=9

I am definitely going with your recommendation for the 10oz filet in Chops but this menu chage has thrown out my original plan based on Gambee's post. Any review of how the steak was or any of the other entree's?

Thanks,

Cheers!

Hi Caneguy,

Loving your review! Am going to be on Allure in two weeks. Also booked Giovannis and I compared your menu post to Gambee's post of the menu (see link below) back in November and they definitely changed it. No beef filet tenderloin:mad: (just an 8oz Strip) and no Osso Bucco.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1737751&page=9

I am definitely going with your recommendation for the 10oz filet in Chops but this menu chage has thrown out my original plan based on Gambee's post. Any review of how the steak was or any of the other entree's?

Thanks,

Cheers!

Note that Caneguy says that may be the lunch the menu, I think the cost for lunch is cheaper than the dinner menu and therefore the items might be less or smaller. I also noticed that the rack of lamb is not there either, not that I would ever get it again, but just saying.

To the OP, thanks for sharing I am loving your review. We plan on doing the eastern route maybe by the end of this year and it is always fun to see what others did. Keep those pictures coming, thanks for sharing.

Hi Boracay Soul,

I think that Gambee is correct and I did post the entree's from the lunch menu. I remember the Veal Meatballs on the lunch menu. The desserts, appetizers, and salads are the same. Cost for dinner $20/person and lunch is $15/pp. As I said in the review try and go with at least 6 people so that you will enjoy many different tastes.

This was the view from our starboard cabin while docked in Nassau. The port view faced the other ships.

DSC_0107_zps11fcd726.jpg

DSC_0108_zps8f980009.jpg

Atlantis on Paradise Island

In the ports of St. Thomas and St. Maarten our view on deck 9 was blocked by the ships docked next to us.

Here is our view while at Sea:)

DSC_0385_zps942b2003.jpg

Any one ever notice that when you look out from a balcony to land or at other ships, everything is very small and far away, but when you look out at the only the sea, it looks like you can just reach over and grab a wave.....

DAY TWO CONTINUED:

After dinner we went to see the Ocean Aria show. FABULOUS!! Part high dive, part Cirque du Soleil and totally awesome! You can watch it from the rear deck of deck 12 by the rock climbing wall without a reservation during any show, so see it more than once!!

DSC_0134_zpsd25cd836.jpg

Got to the On Air room to watch the BCS championship game but Alabama was already up 21-0 and I knew that this game was over. Being a huge University of Miami fan I had no skin in the game and really could not root for either team. One day the U will be back in the BCS championship. Just looks like will have to wait until Saban leaves Alabama to win one:)

how warm is it??? am sailing February 24 to western caribbean... (the weather in virginia has been cold and rainy for 3 days now... )

Very warm. In the 80's most of the time. We had great weather (just a little windy) from 1/6 to 1/13

Hi Boracay Soul,

I think that Gambee is correct and I did post the entree's from the lunch menu. I remember the Veal Meatballs on the lunch menu. The desserts, appetizers, and salads are the same. Cost for dinner $20/person and lunch is $15/pp. As I said in the review try and go with at least 6 people so that you will enjoy many different tastes.

Hi Caneguy,

I apologize. I didn't fully read the description underneath your pictures. Your suggestion definitely sounds like a plan! Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Cheers!

DAY THREE, AT SEA:

DAY THREE AT SEA

Awoke this morning to winds at an apparent 49 knots!! Did my early walk around the ship with a few more pics

DSC_0104_zps650cdc26.jpg

I noticed that the LED scroll at ON AIR had a line that it took more than 500,000 different parts to make the Allure of the Seas. That is ALMOST as many that it took to put together that Death Star Lego Set for my son when he was young, or the IKEA bedroom set we put together for his college apartment.

DSC_0453_zpsdd1edf8a.jpg

A peak through the bushes on Central Park

Did my Spin class and could feel the ship moving while on the bike. Breakfast today was in the main dinning room (wife got her made to order omelet). I had the pancakes and I thought that they should have been named “Goodyear” pancakes, a little rubbery. Got to the dinning room around 9 AM and there was a very small line. By 9:20 the line was 30-40 people, so while at sea if you plan on having breakfast in the main dinning room and do not want to wait I would suggest getting there around 9 AM. We met our boys at Park Cafe for their breakfast and I think this is a great option for breakfast. They had "Made to Order Bagels", you could have a bagel with cold cuts, cream cheese, and Nova. They have an "Egg McMuffin" sandwich and a breakfast burritto. I had very little of my pancakes so I got a toasted bagel, cream cheese, tomato and nova, GREAT!!!

Spent the day walking around the ship, went to the Train Your Dragon Ice show which of course is aimed at the small kids but was very enjoyable, no reservations needed.

DSC_0524_zps2fbc7775.jpg

On Boardwalk

P1010315_zps7717f9c9.jpg

Train Your Dragon

Spent the day walking around the ship, went to the Train Your Dragon Ice show which of course is aimed at the small kids but was very enjoyable, no reservations needed. Played a few rounds of trivia with my father in law, watched my son's play volleyball, watched some FLow Riders and got ready for dinner. As a side note, sitting by the pool is not at the top of my list. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and my wife and I go to the beach at least once a week and most often twice a week.

DAY THREE CONTINUED:

Dinner tonight was our first night in the MDR with MTD. Good, not great, not bad. Nothing was outstanding or inedible.

TONIGHTS MENU

I took these pics off the LED display that is all over the ship. You can view any menu on the ship and all of the MDR menus for the week. I will post all of the pics of the MDR menu's at one time

DSC_0419_zpsa03c2efc.jpg

DSC_0422_zpsbe539dba.jpg

Appetizers and Salads

DSC_0420_zps5713f7bf.jpg

DSC_0421_zpsff13c9e4.jpg

Offered every night

DSC_0423_zpseab37039.jpg

Sticky Bread was the best choice and very good

DAY THREE CONTINUED:

I (alone) went to the Comedy Show, the "older folks" were not interested in the "R" to "X" rated material, son's did their own thing, and my wife was still feeling the effects of the rocking ship. The comedians were Eric Lyden and Hal Spear. Both were hallarious!! Both were topical and did a lot of Allure jokes. Wish I could tell you a few of the more blue jokes but this is a PG forum. One of the clean jokes told was while in Nassau, the Carnival Ecstasy was offering an excursion which was "A tour of the Allure of the Seas".

Another clean one was Eric told us that he did a cruise that the people on the shp were so old that the ship name was “SENILE OF THE SEAS.” The mid-night buffet started at 4:30 and to save money the ship went to the same port every day and nobody noticed!

I plan on seeing it again before the end of the cruise.

Went to the Love and Marriage game after the Comedy Show. Very entertaining and as many times as I have seen this on a cruise ship, I still can not believe the length someone will make a fool of themselves and tell us "Where was the most unusual place you "did it" with your spouse? BUT thank you for doing that as it always is one of my favorite shows on a ship. Best answer for the "Where did you do it" question was from the just married (4 days) couple from Miami who admitted "the bathroom at Dolphin Stadium". As the wife said "hey it was a long tail gate party and we had plenty of drinks"! She did say that it was a Club Level bathroom so it was a little cleaner:)