Roman Evening?

twojays

I have just been looking up some information on the Costa Website - and noticed that it mentions a Roman evening.

Can anyone who has been on a Costa cruise tell me what this is (I think I can guess) - and what type of clothing everyone wears that night, and is there usually one on every cruise?:confused:

Thanks

On the last evening of the cruise, you will find 2 sheets and a head band and directions on how to make a toga on your beds. This allows you to pack your suitcases which have to be left outside of your cabin that evening. It is a fun night and the show is funny too and you'll find, well we did on our cruises that about 70% of the people including the kids will be dressed in their togas. People who have cruises before often take their own ready made roman outfits but the sheets work great, just take some extra safety pins with you........

I am one of the ones who had custom-made roman costumes. I actually reasearched it ahead of time as to the proper colors etc. (Romans rarely if ever wore white togas)

It's great fun - especially seeing all of the different ways people come up with to "fashion" the bed-sheets! :D Jeb9860 is right - bring pins if you plan to use the sheets!

LOL... Pack the pins just in case! ;-)

I know we had a blast with the togas, even though we brought our own custom "roman outfits" as well...

Especially funny:

As they announce throughout the "Today" onboard newspaper, you should make sure that you put some of your "normal" clothes aside for the morning of disembarkation. Well, some people I guess did not get the message or forgot about it and were therefore stranded the next morning at the Guest Relationship counter in their togas, as the luggage is being picked up in front of your cabin door sometimes after 1:00 am the morning of arrival.

Just keep that in mind, don't drink too much, so that you remember to keep some clothes!

Andy

I have just been looking up some information on the Costa Website - and noticed that it mentions a Roman evening.

Can anyone who has been on a Costa cruise tell me what this is (I think I can guess) - and what type of clothing everyone wears that night, and is there usually one on every cruise?:confused:

Thanks

YOU GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!ITS A BEST NIGHT ON COSTA!!!!!

Does anyone have a picture of a roman evening?

I have a friend picking up some 'gold' at the dollar store, but really have no idea what a "roman outfit" looks like.

I would like to be 'in the know', and ready to have fun!

(I tend to get stressed out over such things!)

• 4 months later...

Archived