Summit - Toddler Time program

AbbyGirl

I am considering booking a Celebrity cruise (We've only cruised Princess and Carnival) but this time we will be also taking our son which will be 14 months at the time of the cruise.

I am looking for some information (opinions really) about the toddler program offered on the Summit.

Also, because I've never cruised with a toddler, I never really paid much attention in the past, can I assume a well mannered toddler is ok to take to the main dining rooms?

Thank you and any other advice about cruising Celebrity with a toddler is greatly appreciated!

And yes, I know the rules about swim diapers... :p

We had a 12 month old and a 2 year old on our Summit cruise in 2011. They were a big hit with the staff in the MDR and after the first night the waiter had fruit salad bowls and yogurt lined up and waiting for them. We were lucky not to have any meltdowns but we had 8 adults who kept them occupied. This July we will be cruising with 5 young children- from 8 to almost 2.

As for the toddler time; an adult must be with the child. We didn't use it much. There is a kiddie pool which your child might like. On our last cruise with kids there were so many children on the ship that the staff could not enforce the no diapers rule and the smaller pool was literally filled with kids. My opinion is that under these circumstances a swim diaper is better than no diaper. A recently toilet trained child is safer with a swim diaper on.

Toddler time is 45 minutes a day, with time of day varying. Parent must remain with the child as no counselors are available. Never should a diapered or swim diapered child be put into any pool or hot tub. I've been on too many cruises where the pools were closed because diapers leaked into the pool, even swim diapers.

There is no longer a kiddie pool on the summit.

Our son was a bit older but the MDR staff doted on him. They were great about having his food ready first and making our dinner service efficient so we weren't there for two hours.

There were high chairs in the buffet if you needed them.

You do have to stay with your child in the fun factory.

Archived