Crystal & Darren's 1-5-13 "Breezin' Through the Southern Caribbean" Review!

bucks724

Thanks for sharing our review with us, sure looks like you had a great time. Curacao looks like a great port, I just added it to my to list :D. We are currently thinking about doing the Breeze in the summer, just gotta get some things set before making a final move.

10260 was my original cabin, but once Danica got 10258 and the TA saw that it was a $600 price difference between 10260 and 10256, she asked if I wanted to move (can I get a big fat HECK YEAH?!?!?!). That said, I was happy I moved, but only at ONE time. 10260 and 10262 are adjacent to the laundry facility. On the second sea day, it seemed like 1/3 of the ship congregated outside of my mom's door to wash their clothes. Not only was it slightly noisy, but it was also congested (I got a few looks when I walked to my mom's room with my laundry bag to ask her a question because I decided against washing when I saw the line). However, this was around 11 am, so it would probably not disturb you much.

The only other noise we noticed was on the last sea day - several kids and a couple of teenagers from 2 of the inside cabins decided that it would be a good idea to yell up and down the hall and play a game of hide and seek - slamming doors and all. I not so politely told them to keep it down. Other than that, NO noise that is really noticeable from the LOUD Lido deck - which still amazes me) or the lobby. But 10256 is directly across from the crew's access hallway, which was never a problem until the last night with luggage pick-up. They REALLY need to put some different hinges on those doors - it slammed ALL NIGHT LONG!

Awesome! Thanks for the info! .....I have a 9 year old that should be able to do crowd control if the need arises!! :)

Another thank you for the awesome review and pictures.Your family cruises must be a lot of fun and such a wonderful way to make and share family memories.

I'm looking forward to our turn on the Breeze on March 2. I love the fact that no matter how many reviews I read, I learn something new about the Breeze with each one.

(I'm also looking forward to a trip to OSU LAND on Feb.8 for a week-end with my Buckeye buddies and Delta sorority sisters.) Columbus holds a very special place in my heart.

Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing our review with us, sure looks like you had a great time. Curacao looks like a great port, I just added it to my to list :D. We are currently thinking about doing the Breeze in the summer, just gotta get some things set before making a final move.

Curacao is nice, but the timing is what made it NOT my favorite. If the days were longer or I had an excursion, I'm sure it would rank at the top! As I said, my sister said it was the best beach she's ever visited, and this was her (maybe) 7th or 8th cruise. And she honeymooned in St. Lucia. So that's saying something there! Don't worry. Writing this review and reliving all of this makes me think that another visit to ALL of these islands may be in my not so distant future!

Awesome! Thanks for the info! .....I have a 9 year old that should be able to do crowd control if the need arises!! :)

My 15 year old is quite the crowd controller as well. It's great to have a little back-up when needed, huh?

Its quite ok - it would cause the disney need to escalate :)

And lord knows with five of us, there won't be another trip there for a long time!

Thanks again for the review - you may have changed my mind about la romana even.

My Disney need has escalated as well. I told Chaya when I was putting our magnets up yesterday that we forgot to get a WDW 2013 magnet, and her exact response was "looks like we have to go again so we don't break tradition".

If we don't cruise this holiday season, a short trip to Disney may be in the cards. Although for some reason, I think cruising *might* be cheaper - even with the three of us and "discounted" military tickets! Hm. Maybe that's what I'll be researching tonight!

Oh, how I miss WDW!! :( It's been four years since we've been able to visit and I'm feeling withdrawals terribly. But what a fun vacation you had!

We've got ressies at the steak house and the pix you shared made me hungry!:p (all but the cheesecake... not a fan of overly sweet desserts either, but DH will be getting down on that I'm sure!)

Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for your review!

I love to read reviews from the same sailing I was on and get another cruisers perspective!

I totally agree about the elevators....very annoying!

We saw the people who missed the ship in DR as well. I have no idea what that man was jumping for!!

I hope to be writing a review in the next couple of days once I get my photos uploaded

Thanks for your review!

I love to read reviews from the same sailing I was on and get another cruisers perspective!

I totally agree about the elevators....very annoying!

We saw the people who missed the ship in DR as well. I have no idea what that man was jumping for!!

I hope to be writing a review in the next couple of days once I get my photos uploaded

The people with the elevators made me want to scream. I have two funny stories about that situation, but decided to keep the review nice and lighthearted. :)

As for the guy attempting to jump in DR - I told Darren, if the ship was pulling out and I wasn't on it, I might be tempted to jump too. Saona Island was beautiful but NO WAY would I want to get left in La Romana, unless I was in a taxi on my way to Dreams!

I just hope they had some money to get home and their passports. HUGE fear!

Can't wait to read your review. You will probably remind me about things I left out and make me feel like a goober!

I loved reading your review. Sounds and looks like you had a really good time. By the way we felt the same way about our balcony on the Splendor. All of the furniture was jammed together. There was definetly more room on the other ships we have sailed.

I love the review! Do you remember what nights were the cruise elegant nights?

This was the 8 night Southern Caribbean sailing, so if you're doing the other itinerary, it may be different, but our elegant nights were Sunday (Captain's dinner) and Friday (Sea Day 2). The menu on Sea Day 2 was not really akin to an "elegant night" dinner, but I heard that the first elegant night had the lobster and all the good stuff! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved reading your review. Sounds and looks like you had a really good time. By the way we felt the same way about our balcony on the Splendor. All of the furniture was jammed together. There was definetly more room on the other ships we have sailed.

It was strange. I swear our room on the Valor was much bigger, and when we sailed on Liberty, I remember the balcony room being bigger as well, even though we downgraded to an interior (and spent all our time in my family's balcony rooms!).

Curacao is nice, but the timing is what made it NOT my favorite. If the days were longer or I had an excursion, I'm sure it would rank at the top! As I said, my sister said it was the best beach she's ever visited, and this was her (maybe) 7th or 8th cruise. And she honeymooned in St. Lucia. So that's saying something there! Don't worry. Writing this review and reliving all of this makes me think that another visit to ALL of these islands may be in my not so distant future!

My 15 year old is quite the crowd controller as well. It's great to have a little back-up when needed, huh?

Thanks for the great review! Can you tell me the name of the beach your sister visited? Thanks!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the great review! Can you tell me the name of the beach your sister visited? Thanks!

Her response:

The beach was called Jan Thiel. It was great, good food, drinks and the beach was nice. A lot of rocks when you first entered the water, but once you got past the rocks (and I mean BIG ones) the water was fine. We have pictures, I hope to show you SOON…LOL! A taxi ride should be about $8-10 round trip.

Her response:

The beach was called Jan Thiel. It was great, good food, drinks and the beach was nice. A lot of rocks when you first entered the water, but once you got past the rocks (and I mean BIG ones) the water was fine. We have pictures, I hope to show you SOON…LOL! A taxi ride should be about $8-10 round trip.

Thanks to you and your sister for the quick reply!

Great review! Thanks for posting. I want a breakfast pizza now

Me too. It was quite tasty! I was surprised because it doesn't "sound" good!

Thanks for this wonderful review, we can't wait to sail the Breeze this October.

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise. I hope to relive my cruise through your review! :)

Great review! We were on the same cruise!! The Local Village Bar is before Jack's Shack

Better food at LV!!

We decided to eat at Jack's because of recommendations on here, but our friends ate at LV and said it was really good. We just stopped there for a drink before Jack's since we were heading down that way, so we weren't there for long. There seemed to be more people at LV eating in that back covered area than there were at Jack's. Jerk chicken was awesome though!

Archived