carnival perks for vip

twoharts2

• 11 months later...

wasn't our 10th Carnival cruise but we did go from an inside to a cove on the Dream in Nov at no cost to us. I had called Carnival that morning to inquire but was placed on hold foreer so I hung up. We then we and checked in and got onboard when I got a call from the girl saying she had an upgrade for us to an OV. I said we were already onboard and she said there wasn't much they could do then. I was like well whatever then but then a short time later she called again and said she spoke to the hotel manager onboard and to go to guest services and they had a Cove Balcony at no charge for us as they did not sell out. I just consider us lucky on that one but calling the day of was good as they still showed rooms avalible.

I think they traditionally try to upgrade category to category, if they can. Meaning, tons of ocean view cabins have paid more than inside for their rooms, so it would make more sense to upgrade one of those cabins to a balcony. Generally, they are going to try to up sell the cabins far enough out to get folks to relocate and then re-sell the cheaper cabins again. So you might be offered to move from inside to ocean view for $50, an ocean view would be offered a balcony for $100 and so on. Not that free offers don't come, but they are in this business to make money...

Has anyone been upgraded inside rm to balcony on 10th cruise no matter how long ago it might have happen. Thks

Actually, I did over this summer, but it was a complete fluke and only because the upgrade fairy called to extend a balcony to my Mom who was on her 12th cruise. They let me do the upgrade for her and I inquired at the end of the call if they had any more upgraded cabins available for Platinum guests since it was my tenth cruise. We were both in insides (she was in a 1A) and both got balconies. I never plan on that happening ever again.