Cove balcony or regular balcony on Carnival Dream?

DavidNDC

I need to decide whether I'm booking a cove balcony or regular balcony on the Carnival Dream. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each?

Price difference is neglible -- the prices I'm being quoted have a cove balcony as being $25 cheaper.

The only thing I can think of is that a regular balcony might give me more sun and a more majestic view because it is higher. But I like the thought of a cove balcony being so close to the water that you might feel occasional sea spray, and see the occasional flying fish or dolphin.

Thoughts? Thanks!

We did a cove and a regular Balcony and hands down, I would do the cove again. The only thing I didn't like about the regular B----was the walking deck that has the hot tubs was in the way----you could not see most of the dock and what was going on. I think we were on the 8th deck. The cove, we were on the 2nd or 3rd and it was great. Only thing we found about this deck, was that you had to wipe the salt off the Balcony chairs and railing. Love being close to the water and we saw lots of flying fish.

Hope this helps.

We had a cove balcony reserved and towards sailing date found one on the Panorama deck for not much more so we took it. LOVED being so high up and one floor above the Lido, would do that deck again in a heartbeat. I kinda wished I would have tried the cove but no regrets on Panorama deck. Not sure I would have moved up to one of the ones lower though.

We have a cove for our upcoming cruise in July on Dream. I love hearing the waves; that's the main reason I booked it. I also like the privacy - I don't book a balcony to be able to get sun. I like to see, hear, and smell the ocean, and especially enjoy a room service breakfast on the balcony. The balconies overlooking the Promenade deck do not appeal to me - the only upgrade on Dream from a cove (IMO) would be a suite. I just hope the seas won't be so rough that they'll have to close off our balcony at any time.

I was on deck 7 on Dream midship. What I didn't like was hearing conversations from the walkway that sticks out below on Deck 5 (25 feet below maybe?). The hot tubs could get rowdy and there was no privacy on the balcony. That said, it WAS a balcony on a cruise in the Caribbean so it wasn't all that bad. However, we are booked in a cove just because of the promenade issue. Can't wait ot be so close to the water.

I LOVED our cove balcony on the Magic.

Deck 2 is a little further away from just about everything, but the balcony was worth it.

There was some sun in the afternoons; otherwise it was shaded. We saw dolphins several times, and got to hear and smell the water. It's amazing to be that close to the water.

The balcony was also very private. No way for anyone to see in. This also helped block the smoke from the neighbors a bit.

Just got off the Dream on Saturday and had a cove. The 1st half of the week, it was great. The weather was nice and the seas were relatively calm. However, the last 1/2 of the week, it was really windy and rough seas. We were not able to get much use of the cove then. It was wet 24 hrs a day and the sea spray was constant. We knew going into things this was possible so it was somewhat expected but a ill disappointing. Other then that, we loved it when we could use it. Being close to the the water line was really neat!....just sometimes wet :)

Archived