Wi Fi Adventure of seas

Few questions; Will a Kindle Fire work on the ship, does anyone know what areas on the ship has wi fi and the cost. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

There are wi-fi hot spots around the ship - exact locations I am not sure of.....:rolleyes:

We were on the Oct 27, 2012 sailing of the AOS. Forget the internet! If there are hot spots on the ship we never found them. This is the first time we didn't use the minutes we had purchased. We had to use the internet cafe and it was SLOW. The Mariner is a different story. We were on the NYE cruise...never used the internet cafe other than to sign on. All I had to do was turn on my IPad in my cabin...wonderful! I was told the AOS is scheduled for WIFI later...don't know what later means.

We were on the Oct 27, 2012 sailing of the AOS. Forget the internet! If there are hot spots on the ship we never found them. This is the first time we didn't use the minutes we had purchased. We had to use the internet cafe and it was SLOW. The Mariner is a different story. We were on the NYE cruise...never used the internet cafe other than to sign on. All I had to do was turn on my IPad in my cabin...wonderful! I was told the AOS is scheduled for WIFI later...don't know what later means.

Guest services have a list of the hot spots.

I blogged at least once a day in November and had excellent connection in the Viking Lounge and on Deck 2 in and outside the conference centre. There are also hotspots on Deck 5 but I found it too noisy to focus there. You could also get on line in the library in the seats by the main window but the connection was poor.

From the website, current charges:

The basic rate is USD 0.65 per minute or choose from one of our pre-paid packages:

USD 35.00 for 60 minutes

USD 55.00 for 100 minutes

USD 75.00 for 150 minutes

USD 100.00 for 250 minutes

USD 150.00 for 500 minutes

You do not get unused minutes refunded. Once the package time is used up the system automatically charges the 0.65 per minute without warning. Guest services will be able to refund time if you have difficulties logging off. There is a shortcut which can be pasted into the address bar to log off and GS will be able to give you that too.

Your device will work in that any content you have loaded can be accessed (books, music, movies)...

Surfing the net and streaming video would be difficult and costly... as well as using apps which require Internet access...

Best to load your device before you leave...

If you do not plan to use Internet on board, you may want to turn off the wifi/Internet capabilities... It will help to conserve the battery and keep it from trying to connect... You cannot connect without paying for the privilege...

Archived