Reflection port best for beach, tour, walking

lilghallinsf

We are on the reflection in April that stops in St Kitts. I have read most of the port entries for each place. My question is which port out of San Juan, St Kitts and St Maarten should be for the following:

possible zip line

beach

boat trip

shopping.

I realize I can read these individually and I have but I would really like advice from someone who travels with Celebrity.

We are both in our 40's. Active and want to see the most of the carribean lifestyle. My partner has never cruised and I have been on 8. My last was a transatlantic where I did both beach and historic items. A lot of the touring was on my own which I enjoyed very much.

thanks for your advice.

Greg

We are on the reflection in April that stops in St Kitts. I have read most of the port entries for each place. My question is which port out of San Juan, St Kitts and St Maarten should be for the following:

possible zip line

beach-without a doubt - Orient Beach in St Maarten. Best people watching ever and lots of bars/restaurants, water sports, etc. Great day all around

boat trip - maybe St Kitt's. Not a fan of the beaches there and cabs are very expensive and you are on their time, not yours.

shopping.-San Juan -great old city, lots of great stores, lots of cool things to see, including old architecture, the forts, etc.

I realize I can read these individually and I have but I would really like advice from someone who travels with Celebrity.

We are both in our 40's. Active and want to see the most of the carribean lifestyle. My partner has never cruised and I have been on 8. My last was a transatlantic where I did both beach and historic items. A lot of the touring was on my own which I enjoyed very much.

thanks for your advice.

Greg

See above. Just my opinion but have been to all ports many times.

Hi, Greg, just wanted to share my Reflection trip report with you as I address a zip line you probably want to avoid and a possible boat trip for St. Maarten (although I agree, Orient is a great choice for beaching it, and you can rent Hobie cats there if you want to sail your own boat, see http://www.wind-adventures.com/wa/site/hobiecat.html). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36477764

What a first cruise. You know Reflection will spoil your partner, don't you?!

Greg, you probably already found this answer, but just in case (and also to get your port excursion question bumped!), you can purchase a dining package on board--generally, you have to book four to get a discount. I haven't heard of people having difficulty getting into the restaurants of their choice when desired; with that said, Lawn Club and Qsine are getting a lot of hype, so I would encourage you to tend to that chore on embarkation day, if possible, just so you won't be disappointed and can arrange your week as you like. Then, if you need to tweak a time or two as the week progresses and you learn of other activities, you can call and stop by the restaurant to see how they can accommodate you.

Beaches

St Maarten- Maho beach by the airport. Go to the Sunset Bar and watch planes almost hit the tourists while landing. lots of fun.

St Kitts.- Cockleshell beach- Reggae Beach Bar. Nice small beach with calm waters. Massages on the beach.

San Juan- Walk to the fort (you will see it from the ship, great views and very nice historic fort) and then go to eat dinner at the Parrot club. Shopping after dinner.

Archived