Will I be tied to my cabana?

CruzerDeb

We had Cabana #5 and we did have one family come and help themselves to our floaty mats. :cool: DH went over and told them they could use them since we weren't at the time, but informed them that we had paid for the cabana rental which included the mats....they were semi-apologetic and did return the mats. A few other people used our shower, but they asked us if they could. It didn't bother us that much - the location was very handy, right next to the Pirate Ship Bar, but next time we will probably ask for a higher numbered cabana.

307954_10151087355365965_194054959_n.jpg

There are signs that say Private Rentals.

The first time we had no problems. The second time was a nightmare. We had a family move beach chairs to the side of ours and use the side of the cabana to store their items, sit on, use our shower every time we left it. Explore the inside when we were swimming. Take our floats, smoke like chimneys and curse like sailors. They were the type of people you didn't say anything to. I am brave but you had to have been there. We also had others block our stairs and use the stairs for a table which I proceeded to shake the sand off my feet into their drink.

This happens mainly in the lower number cabanas so try to get the higher numbers.

Security was no where to be found but I doubt they would have stopped them either. THis is the same family I saw ;ater on in the cruise 2 of their family members smoking on serenity and putting the cigarettes out in the hot tubs and throwing them over board.

I hope not for us 200.00 should get me some peace.

For the OP, I'll add to the others who have suggested getting a higher-numbered cabana. Anything 9 and above should be good. 12-15 are pretty much beyond 95% of the crowd.

I am curious how the new double-decker cabanas will affect this, though.

We had people ask if they could use the shower to rinse off, but that was all. We never left the cabana unattended because my husband was always there, he likes the beach but rarely goes into the water. When we packed up to leave for the day, we walked up behind the cabana to catch the tram to take us back. It wasn't 5 minutes until there were people in the cabana. I guess they were staking it out and waiting for us to leave.

Tina

How/when do you reserve the cabanas, and is it hard to get one? We are going to HMC for the first time in August, we are a family of 6 and will have a 2yo with us so it would be a nice thing, I think. Thanks.

Book on the Carnival excursion page; please note price is for the cabana, not per person the way it appears. They are known to sell out often so don't delay. You pick-out your cabana number as soon as you board the ship. Most prefer the higher numbers for more privacy. Added: Cabanas are for 4 PAX, you may have to pay extra for the other 2 in your party. They are building bigger cabanas, don't know when they will be available

Book on the Carnival excursion page; please note price is for the cabana, not per person the way it appears. They are known to sell out often so don't delay. You pick-out your cabana number as soon as you board the ship. Most prefer the higher numbers for more privacy. Added: Cabanas are for 4 PAX, you may have to pay extra for the other 2 in your party. They are building bigger cabanas, don't know when they will be available

The cabana's are big enough for 6 people and if you are a family of 5 with 3 kids, then I wouldn't pay the extra. They only give you food, drinks, snorkel gear and mats for 4 people but there is plenty. I know I'm probably going to be bashed here, but I wouldn't pay for the extra. Noone goes around and counts heads and most times there are people in the water, bathroom, bar, etc while others are in the cabana.

I wouldn't wait if you really want one. They usually do sell out months before the cruise. I booked mine the day after I booked my cruise, 6 months before I was sailing and within a few months, there was none to be had.

How/when do you reserve the cabanas, and is it hard to get one? We are going to HMC for the first time in August, we are a family of 6 and will have a 2yo with us so it would be a nice thing, I think. Thanks.

See my "Cabana? Cabana" thread for info and pictures! Will try to post link (which I've never done before):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1726255

We had #11. The only time we had a lot of people around was in the middle of the day. It tapered off. In the morning and later that afternoon we literally had the area to ourselves.

Had #11 twice now and its perfect!

I don't think Carnival cares if you have more than 4 - you just will not get extra equipment/snacks for the others (including priority tendering unless you have it as another option - FTTF, VIP):

If you would like to have friends at your cabana feel free to do so, however those can involve additional charges if you need extra amenities.

We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Best regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

We had #11. The only time we had a lot of people around was in the middle of the day. It tapered off. In the morning and later that afternoon we literally had the area to ourselves.

Morning left-right pics:

2011Cruise149.jpg

2011Cruise150-1.jpg

Busiest time pic:

2011Cruise168.jpg

Had #11 twice now and its perfect!

Another vote for #11 :D

We had cabana #13 and no problems with anything and we didn't feel that it was too far from anything, except the exit. The trolley never stopped going in that direction so it was a bit of a walk. If we go back to HMC we would definitely rent one again, well worth it.

Thanks! I booked it... we cruise 8/25 and it said there were only six left so I grabbed one. There are 6 of us but the baby (will be 2.5) won't really need snorkel equipment and one of us will always be with the baby, so I think we can manage with gear for 4. Of course, we might have to buy some extra snacks and such to go around!

Thanks! I booked it... we cruise 8/25 and it said there were only six left so I grabbed one. There are 6 of us but the baby (will be 2.5) won't really need snorkel equipment and one of us will always be with the baby, so I think we can manage with gear for 4. Of course, we might have to buy some extra snacks and such to go around!

Have fun and enjoy the cabana!

We had 7 adults in a cabana (paid for 4) and had plenty of snacks! Especially with the grilled lunch which is pretty substantial (free) and we brought a plate of cookie back from the BBQ to the cabana.

What happens when you book the cabana ahead of time and you go straight to the excursion desk upon boarding to pick out a higher numbered cabana only to find out they only have #1-5 available? Yikes! :eek:

Can you get a refund? It sounds like a big difference to me to have one further away from the main crowd.

Oh, and the price for my December sailing shows it as $229.... Not $200. Booo.

Our first time with a Cabana we paid the extra not knowing what I know now. It was nice to have the extra gear but def. not a must, I dont think we 6 where ever all out at once.

As far as food goes they will give you plenty. If things have not changes you get a full bag of tostidos w/ salsa and guac. Then a nice large fruit tray. Plus I think 8 drinks ( sodas or water) when we paid extra there where extra drinks but I don't think the food changed. We munched all day and where hardly hungry for the buffet but still managed to grab a plate.

I might suggest bringing a small radio. I will do that next time. Not loud enough to annoy neighbors but I would like a bit of island music when I was chillin there.

What happens when you book the cabana ahead of time and you go straight to the excursion desk upon boarding to pick out a higher numbered cabana only to find out they only have #1-5 available? Yikes! :eek:

Can you get a refund? It sounds like a big difference to me to have one further away from the main crowd.

Oh, and the price for my December sailing shows it as $229.... Not $200. Booo.

I'm pretty sure you can cancel and get a refund, but it will go to your S&S account, not the credit card you used to book the cabana.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ShoreExcursionsTC.aspx

Archived