Will I have time for BOTH???

qbanrican84

Going on the Freedom in April, and we're trying to fit as much of Jamaica as we can in one trip...will I have time to do the Jamiacan Bobsled experience AND go to the Falls?? Our ship will be there from 8am-3pm.

Also, how high is that chair lift on Mystic Mountain that takes you up to the boblsed? Is it safe?

We did the Mystic Mountain excursion in May 2011 and we loved it!! :)

The chairlift thing goes HIGH above the trees on the way up. I'm not sure exactly how high that is. Wouldn't want to fall off and find out! The ride seemed safe enough, we weren't frightened at all. It was peaceful and the sounds of the Rainforest animals/birds were loud. The bench seat holds 4 people.

When we got to the top of Mystic Mountain we had time to walk around, go in the little gift shop, sit and relax for a few minutes, ride the bobsled, and do the ziplines. We were done with everything we wanted to do around noonish.

We could have stayed up there and ate lunch at the restaurant and swim in the pool, but we wanted to head back towards the pier and do some shopping.

Here is a link to my pics from that day, and a short video I took on our ride up to Mystic Mountain on the chair lift thing.

http://emptynestinthemidwest.blogspot.com/2011/11/tim-andreas-honeymoon-cruise-day-8.html

We really enjoyed Mystic Mountain. I'm going back in September to do it again with my best friend!!

Going on the Freedom in April, and we're trying to fit as much of Jamaica as we can in one trip...will I have time to do the Jamiacan Bobsled experience AND go to the Falls?? Our ship will be there from 8am-3pm.

Also, how high is that chair lift on Mystic Mountain that takes you up to the boblsed? Is it safe?

Give Carnival a call and try to find out the departure time and duration for each of those excursions. If the times are about the same for both, then chances are you'll have to pick one or the other. We've never done the bobsled excursion, but we have been to Dunn's River Falls. If you choose to climb the falls, do NOT wear flip flops. Wear either old sneakers or water shoes. While some people may opt to climb the falls barefoot, unless you're really sure-footed, you'll want to wear something that will give you good traction on the wet, slippery rocks. Be prepared to be pestered by pushy peddlers (say that three times fast:D) trying to sell you stuff when you get to the top of the falls.

We did the Mystic Mountain excursion in May 2011 and we loved it!! :)

The chairlift thing goes HIGH above the trees on the way up. I'm not sure exactly how high that is. Wouldn't want to fall off and find out! The ride seemed safe enough, we weren't frightened at all. It was peaceful and the sounds of the Rainforest animals/birds were loud. The bench seat holds 4 people.

When we got to the top of Mystic Mountain we had time to walk around, go in the little gift shop, sit and relax for a few minutes, ride the bobsled, and do the ziplines. We were done with everything we wanted to do around noonish.

We could have stayed up there and ate lunch at the restaurant and swim in the pool, but we wanted to head back towards the pier and do some shopping.

Here is a link to my pics from that day, and a short video I took on our ride up to Mystic Mountain on the chair lift thing.

http://emptynestinthemidwest.blogspot.com/2011/11/tim-andreas-honeymoon-cruise-day-8.html

We really enjoyed Mystic Mountain. I'm going back in September to do it again with my best friend!!

Thanks so much for sharing your review and pics! I loved it! Lets see if I can convince my hubby to go...he's not a huge fan of heights lol

We've done Dunn's River Falls on our own, sort of. We joind a "pick-up" group at the pier with the taxis that come into the secure area, the red license plate taxis. Our driver took uds up the the falls and gave us a time to meet back at the taxi area. We walked the stairs and didn't climb the falls but found that in the morning it was uncrowded and good for pictures. It's a very lovely place and the flowers are amazing. The stairs go the bottom where there is a small beach you can swim at if you are prepared for that. The whole park is protected and secure but it is true that when you exit you leave through the vendor area where they will try to sell you everything. We still have a colorful Jamacia shirt that fits neither of us.

So you may be able to do an afternoon excursion also. I hope it works out for you. m--

We 'be done the falls twice. Ditto on the appropriate footwear-water shoes or sneakers are an absolute need. Bring $5 tips to your water guides. women outside the ladies restroom ask for tips as well. don't know what they do-didn't do anything for me in there! Do not hesitate, smile or even think of talking with the merchants on the way to the parking lot or you will be accosted . Think of yourself as a "new yawker" and move quickly and you'll be through it. Who knows where the trinkets are from- you will have multiple opportunities to buy the same things.

Carnival has an excursion that goes to both the bobsled and the falls, so you could do that. If nothing else, the fact that they have it proves it is possible to do both. Though I guess it's possible that your cruise might not offer it if the time in port is too short.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/425066

Carnival has an excursion that goes to both the bobsled and the falls, so you could do that. If nothing else, the fact that they have it proves it is possible to do both. Though I guess it's possible that your cruise might not offer it if the time in port is too short.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/425066

PERFECT thanks! :D

Archived