FAO Geomagot

Hi Geo, just wondering, as you said you stayed over a bit longer in the Caribbean, how did you manage to get a flight back?, not that i'm planning to extend my stay, unless we win the lottery :D, but for future reference, how would we go about getting a last minute flight home if we decided to do that. :)

we have done this before with thoms

Thomsons can book you whilst you are on the ship if you wanted to stay on another week....if they have availability?

unfortunately our plan was scuppered when we couldn’t book christmas week as dream was at capacity and we needed 2 cabins

it helps if you know your way around barbados, we have been there independently many times

so

we booked ourselves into an hotel and then made our own accommodation arrangements.... rented an apartment ($40 per night) for christmas week (easy to do by phone or online, hotel gave us some phone numbers)

We were lucky......I just called my sister (works at gatwick) she arranged flights for the kids, they managed to get on a standby flight on christmas eve on the virgin (but I guess it could be done just as easily online or thru a ta on barbados)

went back on the ship for new years week, cruise only, (no Thoms flights available...well....not for 5 of us)

possibly would have been easier if it was just the 2 of us, thomsons may have got us on?

we all flew back with virgin...but it wasn’t cheap!....we just couldn't leave the kids at home on their own at christmas.....could we;)

we have done this before with thoms

Thomsons can book you whilst you are on the ship if you wanted to stay on another week....if they have availability?

unfortunately our plan was scuppered when we couldn’t book christmas week as dream was at capacity and we needed 2 cabins

it helps if you know your way around barbados, we have been there independently many times

so

we booked ourselves into an hotel and then made our own accommodation arrangements.... rented an apartment ($40 per night) for christmas week (easy to do by phone or online, hotel gave us some phone numbers)

We were lucky......I just called my sister (works at gatwick) she arranged flights for the kids, they managed to get on a standby flight on christmas eve on the virgin (but I guess it could be done just as easily online or thru a ta on barbados)

went back on the ship for new years week, cruise only, (no Thoms flights available...well....not for 5 of us)

possibly would have been easier if it was just the 2 of us, thomsons may have got us on?

we all flew back with virgin...but it wasn’t cheap!....we just couldn't leave the kids at home on their own at christmas.....could we;)

Got to say i'm very envious ! One day we will do likewise, i hope !! :cool:

Archived