Can you still bring a case of water/soda on board?

eng4

Can you still bring a case of water/soda on board?

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

From Carnival's FAQs:

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

A water question to add. It's probably on the board somewhere but the search function is down again. How is the ships water?

I am very picky about the water I drink. My last 2 cruises I brought water with me. While on my last cruise (NCL), I did a blind taste test, putting a bottle of purchased water and one I filled from the ship in the fridge. Then had DH pour them into glasses and I couldn't tell the difference.

So my question is does anyone know Carnival's water purifying process and would it be similar to NCL. I really hate to have to drag a case of water onboard with me, if there isn't a need.

unless someone is drinking bottled spring water that advertises it is from a specific mountain stream most bottled water is nothing more than someone taking tap water and running it through a purification system to eliminate metals and other hard water agents. the ship is doing the same thing except it is also using a desalinization procedure so it can use sea water. some people swear that they can taste the salt in the ship's water but i can't. for the most part the ships water is way better than the stuff you get out of your home tap.

i would suggest, if you are a constant water drinker and like to carry it around with you that you bring on board some type of lidded receptacle to continual fill since bottled water on board is pretty pricey. on shore almost all of the ports have retail outlets where bottled water is available and it is probably the same price as you would pay by the bottle at most any convenience store.

Archived