Puerto Madryn tour to Peninsula Valdes

timetravellers

We are on the 2/17/13 Celebrity Infinity to Antarctica & Argentina. We found a tour operator in Puerto Madryn that will take us to Peninsula Valdes for almost half of what the ship charges. We can report back on it when we return, but here is their website. http://www.sentir-patagonia.com.ar/

And yes, we will see penguins, elephant seals & sea lions.

Debi

We are looking at the Celebrity ship's tour to Peninsula Valdes. Can anyone tell me whether we will see penguins there?

We have booked Patrick Watts for the Falklands but if we don't make it there, we don't want to miss out on penguins altogether.

Thank you very much for your reply, Debi, and the link to the website.

We are on the cruise before you!!!

Will check out that website. We are in danger of two many penguin trips as we are doing Patrick Watts in the Falklands if we get there. The penguins at Peninsula Valdes will have to be a back up.

Have a great trip!!!

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the 2/17/13 Celebrity Infinity to Antarctica & Argentina. We found a tour operator in Puerto Madryn that will take us to Peninsula Valdes for almost half of what the ship charges. We can report back on it when we return, but here is their website. http://www.sentir-patagonia.com.ar/

And yes, we will see penguins, elephant seals & sea lions.

Debi

Hi Debi, when I recently contacted that Company, I was quoted US $125 pp plus an entrance fee ( which according to Wikitravel is ARG$100. With the official exchange rate of US$4 to ARG$1), that would take the total cost up to US$150.

The Infinity's excursion is £94, or about US$150, ie the same costs

Did you get a completely different quote to me. Do they know I am a Brit and are penalizing me?????

Regards, Harold

Hi Debi, when I recently contacted that Company, I was quoted US $125 pp plus an entrance fee ( which according to Wikitravel is ARG$100. With the official exchange rate of US$4 to ARG$1), that would take the total cost up to US$150.

The Infinity's excursion is £94, or about US$150, ie the same costs

Did you get a completely different quote to me. Do they know I am a Brit and are penalizing me?????

Regards, Harold

Harold are you on the 2/3 or 2/17 cruise? There is a group going on the 2/3 cruise and it is about $90US. Incidentally the entrance fee is about $20USD. Wiki has an old exchange rate. You can trade USD on the street for anywhere from 6 to 7 pesos for $1USD. If on the 2/3 cruise scroll on the 2/3 date to Sara Fisher post on the roll call for the Infinity.

Harold are you on the 2/3 or 2/17 cruise? There is a group going on the 2/3 cruise and it is about $90US. Incidentally the entrance fee is about $20USD. Wiki has an old exchange rate. You can trade USD on the street for anywhere from 6 to 7 pesos for $1USD. If on the 2/3 cruise scroll on the 2/3 date to Sara Fisher post on the roll call for the Infinity.

Hi, we are on the 2/3 cruise. I had received a quote in May 2012 (thread 572) for $108 (for a regular tour price) plus entrance fees from another Company (Flamenco Tours), but when I contacted them more recently they said that the price had gone up to ARG$125 plus entrance fees, so I checked with another couple of Companies and they all seemed to be charging the same rate for latecomers. Perhaps I have left it a bit late and should have reserved it much earlier.

I acknowledge your point about "official" and "unofficial" rates, regards, Harold.

Hi, we are on the 2/3 cruise. I had received a quote in May 2012 (thread 572) for $108 (for a regular tour price) plus entrance fees from another Company (Flamenco Tours), but when I contacted them more recently they said that the price had gone up to ARG$125 plus entrance fees, so I checked with another couple of Companies and they all seemed to be charging the same rate for latecomers. Perhaps I have left it a bit late and should have reserved it much earlier.

I acknowledge your point about "official" and "unofficial" rates, regards, Harold.

Harold - Sara Fisher has put together a group with Sentir Patagonia Travel. The cost is $105US if 5 to 7 people go, $95US with 8 to 10 people. Etc. down to as low as $70per person. Email them and say you are part of sara fisher's group. Sara's email is sarafisher50@live.com. I think she has about 10 people so far. Maria at Sentir did not require anything from me except my name and number of people.

Unoffical exchange hit 7.5 to 1 today!

Susan & Joss Sanderson cabin 2006

Archived